Posted on 3 July 2017
Motion Designer at Nonsense LondonWe’re an independent creative agency based in the heart of Hoxton. We pride ourselves on helping brands tell powerful stories that are rooted in their audience’s interests and told in creative, innovative ways. We’re a growing team of thinkers and doers, comprised of client service, planners and creatives who work closely alongside our in-house design, video and technical teams. We enjoy what we do and who we do it with, and are looking to grow our team with like-minded people.
Our in-house video department has grown from strength to strength since its inception in 2009, and we are now looking to take the team to the next level, with the addition of talented, ambitious, creative people who are striving to create the best work of their career.
We are looking for a super talented, creative and versatile Motion Designer to join our team.
The successful candidate will have a great eye for design and layout, outstanding vector illustration skills and a proven ability to translate their ideas to glorious motion!
As well as solid illustration and animation skills, our motion designers are often required to work in an art director capacity, alongside our in-house creative teams. This could involve storyboarding, researching look and feel, putting together visual treatments and working with other animators, editors, designers and illustrators to ensure that the visual style developed for the project is effectively being applied.
The majority of our current animation work is 2D and vector based, so this must be a specialism. Our animated content is very varied and you will be required to produce everything from sharp, stylised motion graphics for short-form branded content, to longer-form character-led animated films.
- Illustration and design — Excellent design, illustration and typographic skills with versatility to create visual assets and scenes in a wide variety of styles.
- Animation — Creative ideas of what makes good, dynamic motion and the technical proficiency to bring these ideas to life.
- Art Direction — Researching relevant inspiration, developing treatments, creating style frames, storyboarding and directing the work of other animators and editors.
- Visual Narrative — An expert in telling meaningful, engaging stories through lovingly crafted moving image.
Skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience as a Motion Designer/Animator/Illustrator in an agency environment and/or a strong and versatile vector illustration and animation style evident in a killer showreel full of relevant work.
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator and After Effects.
- Strong foundation in graphic design.
- Ability to work collaboratively with creative & production teams.
- Video editing skills are an advantage to support and collaborate with the editing department as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English.