Posted on 3 July 2017
PR & Communications Manager at MelodyVRMelodyVR is the destination for music in virtual reality. We’ve partnered with hundreds of artists to create thousands of virtual reality experiences. On MelodyVR you’ll see International superstars, breakthrough bands, underground DJs, stunning ensemble performances, and everything in between. By putting music in the front and center, we’ll bring musicians and fans closer together than ever before.
We are looking for an exceptional PR & Communications Manager to join our team, who is as passionate about music and excited by technology as we are.
The PR and Communications Manager is responsible for sharing the MelodyVR story far and wide and around the world. Reporting to the CMO, your task is to establish our presence, build credibility, educate people and generate buzz about our fantastic proposition. You will develop and manage brand and reputation building programmes across multiple audiences with focus across the music, technology, media and creative industries as well as our all important customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Telling the MelodyVR story; identify PR and thought leadership opportunities, develo press releases and media alerts, and lead sell-ins.
- Conference & events; develop and maintain the annual calendar, determine the role for MelodyVR, support and project manage preparation.
- Media relations; build and maintain strong pro-active relations with key partners to drive comms objectives, land features and build collaborations. Manage reactive enquiries relating to any issues and liaise with senior management to respond accordingly.
- Monitoring the market; stay close to consumer and industry buzz and where appropriate, build our perspective on market developments into comms plans.
- Tracking our reputation; through social media, media coverage and by measuring the impact of corporate comms regularly, and report information to the right people internally.
- Materials development; draft messaging; Q&As;, media statements, interview briefs, speaker notes and create tools to educate and showcase our proposition.
- Ongoing collaboration with the Community Manager as well as regular engagement and coordination with the wider business, ensuring communications channels are cohesive and messaging aligned.
- The Communications Manager will also be responsible for developing, managing and executing the company's internal comms programme.
- Day-to-day management and direction of agency partners, including managing briefs, campaign plans, execution and performance reviews.
- 5+ years of relevant PR work experience in-house in the consumer facing music and technology space
- Experience working in a communications capacity for a global brand, considering multiple geographical markets.
- Proven ability to write engaging, original copy for a variety of purposes and audiences is absolutely essential.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with multiple work streams, moving at different speeds.
- Broad knowledge of the media landscape and a solid understanding of the music and technology industry.
- Highly collaborative, a strong communicator, organised and efficient.
- Confident, calm and a clear thinker.
- Strong network of key contacts across music & technology media
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please email email@example.com with “PR & Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Please include a brief covering note which gives examples of your experience and work that you are proud to share with us that demonstrate the skills listed above.