Posted on 3 July 2017
Senior Product Designer - Consumer at FARFETCHWe're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto - and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and experienced Senior level Designer that can initiate, drive and deliver excellent design for our customer facing products which will truly Amaze Customers. You will be an experienced practitioner who loves detail and working collaboratively with your team across Product Design and Development for a true Todos Juntos effort.
You will be tirelessly passionate about UX, visual and product design and champion this across the business. At Senior level you will expected to help mentor and develop junior staff and follow ideas from concept through to completion. You will have the opportunity to travel to our FTech offices in Porto, Portugal. We will always try and make this flexible around your home commitments and offer flexible working .
What you’ll do:
- You will execute design excellence and define standards across our web and apps platforms
- You will own and deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences
- You will follow ideas through from conception to execution and so strong experience in visual design or user interface engineering is a must, as well as a solid understanding of UCD/HCI principles
- You will work collaboratively within an Agile process with other product designers, UX researchers, product owners, project managers, UI and developers
Who you are:
- You are curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- You have a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar
- You have a strong varied portfolio of detailed product design work with good number of year’s experience
- You are use to leading and delivering user-centered design projects across multifunction disciplines
- You are experienced in working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus
- You are all about excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.