Posted on 5 July 2017
Front-end Developer at Drew LondonWe are looking for a Front End Developer with 2-3 years agency experience, who is comfortable working on the back end but will also be required to dive into the front end when needed.
You’ll work on a variety of projects, including maintaining and growing the company web products; so you will need strong skills in HTML, SCSS, JS as well as PHP and the use of CLI. We run a number of sites on a variety of platforms for an interesting range of B2C, B2B and 3rd sector clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Web development -developing new sites and upgrading existing sites utilising HTML5, SCSS/CSS, JS, PHP and WordPress.
- Website management -supporting and adding new features to current client websites.
The successful candidate will be confident in recommending, exploring and implementing improved methods across build and delivery alongside the rest of the team.
- Responsive, Retina-ready website building using:
- SCSS, CSS/CSS3
- JS and jQuery
- PHP (OOPHP)
- Knowledge of WordPress theme development
- A strong attention to design detail, with the ability to create pixel perfect websites from Photoshop files
- Knowledge of browser and device capabilities and ability to test across these (we use BrowserStack)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage your time across several clients and projects
- Understanding of digital production process
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities
- Mac-based development
- Frontend frameworks e.g. Bootstrap/Foundation
- CSS methodologies e.g. BEM/OOCSS
- Git source control (we use Bitbucket)
- Clean, DRY code
- UX/UI best practices
- Making animations with CSS/JS
- SEO best experiences/ Webmaster tools
- Shopify Experience
- Stripe / PayPal / Payment gateway integrations
- Bower, Gulp, NPM, Grunt
- Understanding of deployment routines e.g. Capistrano
- Experience with Trello, Slack and FreeAgent
We don’t expect you to tick all of the above boxes, so please don’t be put off; we’d still love to hear about you and your set of skills.
We are an independent branding and digital communications agency based in Old Street, London. We deliver beautiful design across print and digital platforms for a range of clients from niche retail brands to charities and asset management corporations. We strive to delight clients and audiences with results which go beyond expectations.
We have an eclectic range of interests and pastimes and are looking for a good team player. Sociable and with great taste in music, we hope that you will become an active character within our team and if you also have a love of animals (particularly small dogs called Spike) then so much the better.