Posted on 5 July 2017
Freelance Visual Artist at VICE UKReporting to: Design Director
Contract length: Ad-hoc
VICE is a global youth media company and the industry leader in producing and distributing the best online video content in the world. Launched in 1994 as a punk magazine, VICE now operates out of 36 countries, and has expanded into a multimedia network; including the world’s premier source for original online video, VICE.com; an international network of digital channels, a television & feature film production studio, a magazine, a record label, a book-publishing division and a creative services agency VIRTUE.
VICE are looking for Visual Artists to collaborate on a freelance basis. You will be working with the design and creative teams on fast paced VIRTUE pitches. Your core responsibilities will include scamping up visuals and then working them up to an appropriate level. The goal of these drawings is to illustrate a specific scene or shoot-idea, and/or to capture and convey a specific atmosphere relating to the pitch’s creative strategy. Our ideal candidates are artists or illustrators with a firm grounding in traditional drawing techniques (i.e. you can draw anatomically correct people in various poses), but you may also work in your own preferred medium for final executions (e.g. digital painting, watercolor, brush and ink....) We work on pitches for brands of all shapes and sizes, and we are looking to build our network of illustrators working in a range of different styles.
Role Level : Intermediate to experienced
Skills & Experience Required:
- The ability to quickly and skillfully visualize or sketch out concepts by hand, before working out final visuals in whichever medium is relevant.
- Strong technical abilities in drawing, mark-making and using line and colour to represent a creative concept, layout or idea.
- Strong understanding of proportion, perspective and scale.
- Ability to work in a stylized fashion, whether they be CGI, watercolor, sketch or line.
- Confident using colour and show an understanding in colour theory.
- Good communication skills to ensure planning schedules set by the studio manager run smoothly.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially in Photoshop and Illustrator is necessary .
- Experience creating concept visuals in a creative services agency setting is a bonus, yet not required.
Hours : TBC - this work would be freelance / ad hoc.
Salary : TBC - a day / hour rate would need to be discussed.
How to ApplyTo apply please email a brief cover note and CV, with the reference “Visual Artist” in the subject line to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.