Posted on 5 July 2017
Web Developer at The Flash PackWe are creating a system that uses Amazon EC2 servers to process large audio and video files to create statistical data about attendees at various music venues across the UK.
In order to facilitate the transfer of this data after it has been processed to various partners, we need an API system created and a user interface to manually enter track times and titles. We are looking for a freelance backend or full stack developer with 2+ years experience to create an API and data upload interface.
This system will handle public/private key protected JSON API calls to store and retrieve data about music events and large video and audio files.This same system needs a user interface to allow a small handful of users to upload information about track times and track titles for each music event. The under interface needs to allow those users to create and edit info about each music venue so that this data can be attached to the music event data. Documentation will need to be produced for end users, and a handover to our internal team to service the site. We are ideally would use Drupal 8 to be the basis for the system but are open to suggestions. The system will have to be deployed on scalable load balanced servers to cope with temporary high demand and then scale back during quieter periods.
A more detailed brief can be given upon receipt of CV / portfolio and day rate costings.
Please include an indication of work involved in maintaining the with latest security releases of any core code or add-on modules.
A full detailed technical specification will then be provided so that candidates can give a detailed quote and time estimates.
- JSON API design and integration
- PHP, Drupal (8)
- Experience in provisioning and using Amazon EC2 servers
- Latest HTML & CSS
- Bootstrap CSS
- DevOps: Git
- Test automation
- Technical documentation skills
- Linux, apache, nginx
- Basic understanding of virtualization (Docker, Droplets, etc.)
Nice to have:
Attributes and experience:
- 4+ years coding experience
- A variety of experience is preferred – a range of applications, large and small projects
- Thinks innovatively – looks beyond the obvious to develop highly creative and impactful solutions
- Demonstrates passion – approaches all tasks in a wholehearted and enthusiastic manner.
- Takes a pro-active, ‘can-do’ and tenacious approach.
- Is results-focused – understands what is important to the client and the agency and is committed to achieving goals.
- Works collaboratively – recognises the value and responsibility of working in a team. Seeks to achieve win-win solutions to problems.
- Self motivated and self aware – committed to personal development in order to continuously improve. Sound understanding of own strengths and weaknesses.
- Self starter with proven record of own initiated projects.
- You must be driven, positive, resilient and personable.
- Willing to learn, and to take on board new ideas and responsibilities
- Willing to use own initiative at all times
- Self-motivated, disciplined and hard-working
- Strong verbal and written communication skills