Posted on 6 July 2017
Graphic Design Lecturer at ShillingtonLove graphic design and want to inspire the next generation?
Shillington is on the lookout for passionate graphic designers to share their practical skills and knowledge with the next generation of creative talent. Could you be our next London or Manchester based part-time teacher?
Teaching at Shillington requires a keen design eye, industry insight, patience and the desire to give back. Have you mentored a junior designer and loved every minute? Trust us—there is no greater feeling than helping a student fulfil their dream of becoming a graphic designer.
We’re looking for:
- Passion – Eats, breathes and sleeps design
- 5+ Design Experience – Solid design experience with an outstanding design portfolio. (No teaching experience required.)
- Communication – Strong communicator both visually and verbally
- Efficiency – Well organised, with exceptional time management skills
- Skilled – Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Technical – Digital and UX experience. Experience using Sketch a plus.
- Personality – Someone with a positive attitude who works well as part of a team
Some important facts:
- Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday 5.15pm - 9.30pm
- Prior teaching experience is not required
- Working with an experienced teaching team and be trained in how to teach.
- Approx 2 hours class prep per week
- Term time is from Sept-Jul. Semester dates can be found on our website. www.shillingtoneducation.com/uk/graphic-design-course/course-dates-and-fees/
- We have a 1 week break at Christmas and 1 week break in April. At the end of term in July, we are closed for the summer.
- We pay our part-time teachers by the hour, and they invoice at the end of the month. We can have a chat about hourly rates once we know you are interested.
- We are looking for someone who can commit for the whole 9 months, and would be interested in taking on further classes in the future at the college.
**Only shortlisted applicants will be notified**
How to ApplyIf you are interested in teaching, please send through a selection of your portfolio and your CV to email@example.com.
Please mark your application as 'Part-time role' and the location you are applying for 'London' or 'Manchester'