Posted on 6 July 2017
Senior Art Director at PortasWe are a brand consultancy and creative agency that has spent the last 20 years building best-selling retail and lifestyle brands in the UK and across the world.
We have a very simple philosophy. Deliver works that’s clever, creative and commercial. Our background in retail means we understand ever changing trends, how and why people buy as well as the all-important bottom line.
We use that knowledge to create the brands, experiences and communications that will make any business a destination.
The Senior Art Director position exists to bring amazing concepts to our clients and to support our Creative Director as the Creative teams second in charge.
As an established Art Director with a strong background working with fashion/lifestyle for high street or luxury fashion brands you will have demonstrable hands on experience owning projects from brief to delivery.
- Are happy and confident owning creative development and setting art direction, leading on-set at shoots, managing post production, overseeing the design and art working process.
- Must have an exceptional taste level and well referenced in both commercial/retail campaigns and activity, as well as a strong knowledge of new and established photographers, directors, stylists etc
- Are a conceptual thinker. Can take a client brief and explode it into highly creative ideas for ad campaigns, in store experiences, window concepts, social activations etc.
- Have experience creating campaigns from brief to execution across both print and digital channels
- Have experience with film/TVC (copywriting ability is a plus)
- Must have solid knowledge of the retail environment including experience in windows, POS, .com and basic packaging
- Have previously managed a small team of direct reports (could be juniors)
- Are friendly, reliable, down to earth, hard worker, good fun
- Interest free season ticket or personal loans
- Summer hours – 4pm leave on Fridays during summer months (Jun to Aug)
- Training – external and regular internal inspiration sessions / speakers
- Ride 2 work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit
- Free beer/wine fridge
- Various socials & parties throughout the year
- Free museum passes – Tate, Southbank, Design Museum, Barbican
- Free monthly tickets to events
- A recruitment bonus if you successfully put someone forward for a role at the agency
We also have free HIIT and yoga classes at the studio and initiatives for the team to continue to be inspired.
Industry “field trips” and our internal knowledge sharing space “School of Portas” are also a part of our expanding offering.