Posted on 6 July 2017
Junior Designer at ELVIWe have an exciting opportunity for a junior designer to join our expanding team. We currently work across 4 fashion brands (Elvi, Little Mistress, Paper Dolls, Girls On Film) and require a designer to ensure delivery of all digital & print design assets to the highest standards within the guidelines of our brands. This will be through the use of high level, innovative and creative design that will evolve and develop the customer experience. The candidate should be quick thinking, creative and considered in every detail of the role.
Reporting and working with the design team and Art Director, you will be responsible for creating eye catching and engaging graphics and campaign concepts, which will elevate our brands in line with our varied industry position.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Researching and producing exciting, fresh e-comms concepts (e-shot, web layouts, banners) to help us develop our brands.
- Presenting concepts to the design team & Art Director.
- A clear understanding and experience working with digital media such as creative layouts, emails, online banners, digital marketing and branding initiatives.
- Be immersed in emerging trends in fashion, design, art, pop' culture and media & technology and have the ability to translate them into your design outcomes.
- A strong sense of typography and its use across online and offline editorial.
- A great sense of image/text layout across a number of platforms.
- Proven depth of design in the fashion industry (or similar) for both a commercial environment as well as print/digital media.
- Creating designs and artwork for other marketing collateral, with responsibility for a brief from concept to print. Working closely with national mags on print & digital.
- A keen interest in photography, fashion and more importantly the world of ecommerce.
- Design-related degree.
- 2 to 3 years’ worth of experience.
- Experience of producing web assets¬.
- Have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates the thought process of their ideas and proves that they have a great imagination and a high level of creativity.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the confidence to present at all levels of the business.
- The ability to take feedback in a positive way and use it constructively to further develop creative skillsets.
- Proven experience of managing a heavy and fluctuating workload of simultaneous projects in an efficient and professional way, delivering to deadline and reporting to Art Director on the status of projects.
- Proven experience of artworking large, complex suites of POS to print ready standard and an ability to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator with good working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Acrobat Pro, Excel and Power Point.
- Good time management skills area a must.
…Your work is important but a positive, ‘can do’ attitude is equally important to us, we encourage eccentricity, strong work ethic and creative flare.
The salary we offer is competitive and hours are very accommodating for the fashion sector:
9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday
9am – 4.30pm Friday
We are looking for an individual who has previously worked as part of an agency/studio or similar in-house design team, if the role ticks your boxes we’d love to hear from you!
How to ApplyPlease send a short cover letter and link to website OR a PDF (<15mb) of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!