Posted on 6 July 2017
Mid-weight Designer at GLOCK LtdGLOCK is an award-winning interdisciplinary creative agency based in East London. With unlimited imagination, high production standards and business insight, we give our clients the best possible platform to communicate their key messages. Diversity inspires us and we bring a contemporary yet playful approach to all our projects within our wide-ranging client group.
We are looking for a creative designer to join our expanding interdisciplinary team. We need a talented and highly conceptual brand-focused designer who will be responsible for helping to drive the creative direction across a range of innovative projects. This is a key appointment for the agency and this person will be instrumental in visualising key ideas for top global whisky brands. Confidence, conviction and problem-ownership are big aspects of this role as we would expect the person to be able to present and defend their ideas in front of our creative director and clients.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience in a creative agency
- A strong mid-level designer who can turn ideas into practical designs
- A brilliant creative thinker with the ability to push design beyond the expected
- Self-driven, proactive and willing to challenge themselves
- Ability to understand the strategy/message and convert it into communication
- Conceptual and inquisitive
- Able to challenge convention to bring fresh ideas
- Can confidently present work to colleagues and clients
- Experience working on drinks brands would be a bonus (but not essential)
- Uses a pencil before the Mac – good ‘traditional’ visualising ability would also be a bonus!