Posted on 7 July 2017
Visual Designer at SAM LabsWe are looking for a highly creative and passionate designer to join our Play Team. As a designer at SAM you will be defining and executing the visual style across product, game and graphic design. This is an exciting opportunity where you can get a chance to work on illustration, product design and mobile games!
You will be:
- Executing visual style of our physical toys and games
- Collaborating with UX designers to wireframe core screens for our games and apps
- Working closely with Game Designers to create animations and visuals
- Assisting Senior Designers and Art Director in defining and executing the design language across different products
- Producing high quality 2D production assets
- Developing concept art and animation to illustrate concepts and ideas
- A child at heart
- A self starter who needs minimal direction to get started
- A perfectionist who doesn’t accept compromise in design
- Highly creative yet capable of following art direction and fit art in the style of the game
- Able to thrive in the dynamic, cross-discipline environment of a start-up
- An excellent portfolio of high quality work
- 3 to 4 years experience in a design role
- Proficient with design in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects skills
- Ideally experience designing in/for Unity
- Ideally experience with 3D design
We work pretty hard and your thoughts and ideas are likely to be challenged by everyone in the team, including Jacob in design, Michael in software, and Joachim in execution. At the same time, Tak will get you doing sports, Tim will make sure you can have a go at board games and Giulio & Morten will give us plenty of new music to listen to.
As a young company, the best way to fare here will be by forming bonds with other employees (who come from completely different disciplines to yours), take initiative to pursue your instincts and ideas, and to drive the company forward.
We value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM, we’d love to have you.