Posted on 7 July 2017
Designer at National TrustThere’s never been a more exciting time to work in the in-house marketing agency at the National Trust. Our brand is stronger than ever, our campaigns are bigger and bolder than ever and we’re winning high-profile, national awards.
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis.There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting into the lead designer and working alongside other designers and copywriters, you’ll create engaging, multi-channel campaigns for internal clients across the organisation, such as fundraising, retail, food & beverage and membership.
You’ll collaborate with the wider agency team, external marketing agencies and regional marketing community to deliver exceptional creative design within brand identity guidelines.
You’ll provide a professional creative response on all projects no matter how big or small, working to a clearly defined process from initial concept through to delivery.
For more information on the role, please read the role profile attached.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of the creative process from briefing and concept development through to design and delivery
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- An awareness and enthusiasm for following industry trends
- Creativity and are proactive and love seeking out new opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, able to provide creative solutions to clients
- Confidence in challenging stakeholders around design principles
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Degree in Graphic Design or similar creative qualification
- Experience in an agency or in-house environment
- Experience in working to brand visual identity guidelines
Looking after you:
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career:
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us:
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking