Posted on 11 July 2017
Data & Analytics Assistant at Association of British InsurersLooking for your first role in data and analytics?
We speak on behalf UK insurers. We provide consumers with general information on insurance and savings products and services. To do this we have to collect, analyse and present data our industry – ensuring it’s relevant and accessible for our colleagues, members and consumers.
Your role will be to produce detailed, easily understood analysis for ABI members and the ABI Executive Team to provide them with high quality insight relevant to the insurance industry.
You don’t need prior experience in insurance to apply – we can support your learning and development in this area.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Produce high quality analysis on a range of data and management information sources, using advanced techniques in order to extract maximum value from the raw data.
- Present analysis in a confident and engaging manner.
- Work autonomously to deliver key projects and ad hoc research activities including, but not limited to the following, with oversight and support from the Senior Data and Analytics Advisor:
- model the implications of any VAT or Insurance Premium Tax changes on the insurance industry;
- ensure statistics about the worldwide insurance market and the UK economy are fed into the ABI’s work;
- keep the statistical base on which the ABI’s ‘Helping Britain Thrive’ campaign is built up to date;
- regular analysis of ABI statistics subscription packages;
- play a major role in the technical delivery of the 2017 ABI member survey.
- Develop positive relationships with members and data subscribers
- Advise ABI staff on how to use technology and analytics to leverage maximum value from ABI data and management information, building bespoke applications and reports on an ad hoc basis in order to achieve this.
We’re looking for:
This might be your first data role but you’ll need to be an expert with Excel and have either formal or self taught programming skills (e.g. application/web development).
You will have lots of interaction with a variety people so you’ll need to be confident, happy to present and explain complex information and quick to learn. We operate in an open plan and collaborative environment so team work is of the utmost importance.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a fast-moving and friendly environment at the trade association for one of the UK’s biggest, most successful industries.
The Association of British Insurers is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation.
If you would like to know more about the ABI and the work we do please visit www.abi.org.uk. You can find us on LinkedIn and Instagram too.