Posted on 11 July 2017
Digital Designer at FarfetchConsisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative.
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
We are looking for a talented, creative digital designer to come on board and join the growing media solutions team. This is a newly created position, working to support with design for our Advertising Sales department. You will develop graphics and visual or audio images for brand/advertiser illustrations, and custom promotion. You will also be responsible for producing and updating marketing presentations, sales tools and email templates whilst advising the sales team on strategies to reach a particular audience.
We are looking for an innovative thinker who thrives in a fast-moving environment. You will work efficiently to get things done and enjoy implementing new and exciting initiatives, whilst being confident when communicating with stakeholders at all levels, and maintain a solution focused approach when under pressure.
What you’ll do:
- You will prepare and provide digital assets (Conceptualize & produce animated html5/gif banners and landing pages for our advertisers); Determine the message the design should portray and create images that identify a product or convey a message
- You will meet with the sales team and/or art director to determine the scope of a project and have the ability to see projects through from inception to production
- You will go beyond the requirements of the creative brief, showcasing different potential creative routes where time allows
- You will be able to showcase talent that you enjoy on a weekly basis to keep the team aesthetically on the ball
- You will be able to use rudimentary inline coding to create html pages
- You will produce and assist with related advertiser offline projects
- You will produce Power Point brand presentations, and support the creative team on general ongoing projects, both on and offline
- You will at times, also assist with the maintenance of our brand website including updates, promotional creative assets and site banners
- You will present the design to clients or the art director, incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design; Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- You will maintain brand consistency throughout the creative assets regardless of project size
Who You Are:
- You have the ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- You have a solid digital design background, ideally within a luxury/fashion e-commerce business
- You totally demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- You have amazing motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- You have the willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- You have the ability to take direction and support more senior staff in the delivery of big projects
- You are knowledgeable of the industry, whilst keeping abreast of new technology and new applications.
- You have extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Your Video editing skills (Premiere & After Effects) are a bonus
- You ideally have an understanding of HTML and CSS
- You have a flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a team
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.