Posted on 12 July 2017
Senior Writer at ReAt Re, we believe that by first identifying the broader cultural landscape, we can create brands with flex to be surprising, to be adaptive, to listen and cater to customer desires. We create brands that move at the speed of culture.
Founded 8 years ago, Re is a collective of the best minds in branding. As the bespoke global branding agency of the M&C Saatchi Group, we have worked on projects all over the world, including: Abu Dhabi, London, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Shanghai. We deliver all aspects of brand strategy and creative design to clients of all sizes and budgets. In Australia we work with clients including Optus, Uniting, NRMA, Menulog, Griffin Theatre Company and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Purpose of this role:
To actively contribute to Re’s verbal identity offering. A writer at Re provides strategic thinking, strong conceptual skills and great copy that play a key role in effective brands. You should have 4+ years industry experience minimum.
Duties and responsibilities:
Copywriting at Re involves being both a strong writer and a strategic thinker. Under direction from the Creative Director, you’ll develop verbal identity, naming and brand communications for our clients.
Working as part of a team, you’ll come up with ideas for how language can be used as a platform to build brands. Your clarity of vision and strong writing skills will enable you to bring these ideas to life across every brand application imaginable.
Developing verbal identity:
- Work closely with the strategy team to refine brand principles and personality
- Drive the creation of verbal identity that aligns with the brand strategy
- Create best practice examples that bring the brand to life through writing
- Drive the naming of products, services and brands in line with the Re naming process
- Run workshops, both with clients and internally, to ideate and sell names in
Concepting and copywriting:
- Generate copy-based platform ideas for brands
- Deliver copy across a range of channels and touchpoints
- Create tone of voice guidelines for brands, products and services
- Deliver tone of voice presentations and training
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Confident writer with demonstrated brand experience
- Ability to adapt tone to the needs of diverse brands
- Ability to generate creative ideas for brands
- An inspiring person to have around the office
- A collaborator with a focus on the importance of a strong internal culture
- Hands-on, performance-oriented deliverer. Someone who ‘gets things done’
- Strong and persuasive presentation skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- A problem-solver who takes ownership of objectives and difficult situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Keynote
- 4yrs+ experience
Competencies for success:
- Interpreting and assessing client briefs
- Excellent self-motivation
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good teamwork skills
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Composure and emotional intelligence
- Priority setting and being proactive
- Problem solving
We can provide a working visa for Australia, Sydney.
How to ApplyPlease email portfolio / work / website to email@example.com
Please put the role Senior Copywriter in the subject line.