Posted on 12 July 2017
Mid-weight Designer at The PlantThe Plant is looking for a talented Mid-weight Designer to join its team.
Launched in 2005, The Plant has grown in both size, experience and expertise.
We now offer our clients more than just beautiful and effective design, but insights into their business and customers behaviour, advice and counselling on strategy, and the capacity to execute brand strategy and identity across all sorts of media.
We work with some great clients that span food, hospitality, arts and culture, including Four Seasons, Curzon, EAT, Art Central, BFI, Jamie Oliver and MasterChef.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to create strong design work
- Work with team to develop and understand brand strategy
- Take the brief from conception to completion, including design, artwork and print management
- Prepare design presentations
- Begin to liaise with clients
- Manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines
Experience and skills:
- 5 years of agency or design studio experience
- Impressive portfolio of a wide range of work
- Experience working on branding projects from conception to completion
- Rigorous attention to detail
- An in-depth knowledge and love of typography
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – in particular Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of print management process
- Knowledge of digital design and development
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of typography, brand values, guidelines and briefs
- Active interest and knowledge of current design, media and social trends
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to manage own work flow and meet deadlines in a fast pace environment
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK