Posted on 13 July 2017
Mid-weight Graphic Designer at Soundings (Consultation) LtdSoundings is the sister company to Fluid Design Ltd. Soundings is a field leader in public consultation and engagement with over 15 years' experience creating and delivering bespoke programmes of community involvement and participation. We are looking for a graphic designer who will be responsible for working with the senior graphic designer and consultation teams in the design and production of all communication material, reports and website content in connection with all aspects of cutting edge community and stakeholder dialogue.
Around two years' experience will be essential and the successful applicant will have with a strong portfolio demonstrating creative skills across branding identity, typography and visual communications. Experience in website design and coding are preferable or a strong interest in learning these skills. For examples of Soundings work and to give you an idea of our area of expertise – visit the following websites: www.brentcrosssouth.co.uk , www.fluidoffice.com , www.shapingwalthamforest.co.uk
Graphic Design tasks:
- Design of communication material (this includes designing consultation tools, research reports, newsletters, posters, leaflets and exhibition boards).
- Information visualisation – analysing and visualising comments and research material collected during the consultation process.
- Website design – Good knowledge of CSS and Wordpress.
- ideally two years' experience and a graphic design degree or equivalent
- strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- a portfolio demonstrating a range of print and digital projects / an understanding of the print production process
- good knowledge of design for HTML, CSS, Wordpress and responsive design
- ability to create/edit Wordpress themes considering the web design template provided by the design team, including wireframes, graphic content, site navigation and content layout, in accordance with the corporate web design framework
- be able to follow brand guidelines, understand corporate brand standards and identity
- excellent organisation and time management skills
- must be able to work to tight deadlines and a be team player
- able to offer ideas and input towards the creative process
- close attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and quality of presentation
- proficient use of English language
- have an interest in placemaking and architecture
- website development and construction technical skills
- be proactive – take initiative to add creativity to consultation projects/events
- be energetic and friendly – willing to engage with people
- deliver projects on time – be able to complete tasks on time and able to react positively to last minute changes
- collaborate with others – projects often involve working as part of a larger team that consist of architects, the council/developer and various other practitioners related to a development/regeneration project
- be flexible with time – on select occasions be willing to work over weekends or after hours at critical times
- £26,000 + by negotiation per annum, depending on experience and skill
- six months probation, permanent post on offer on satisfactory completion
- 20 days annual holiday and public holidays
How to ApplyTo apply, please send CV & cover letter/portfolio to Kallista Omotosho at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews with directors.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please no agencies!