Posted on 14 July 2017
Graphic Designer at Orla KielyWe have an exciting opportunity for a talented Graphic Designer/Illustrator to join our creative team. This is a varied role for someone who understands the Orla Kiely aesthetic, has strong attention to detail and is interested in all areas of graphic design and Illustration
We are looking for a creative candidate, with enthusiasm and use of initiative. You will carry out the vision of our Creative Director and fully support this visual direction whilst offering up fresh ideas and approaches executed to a high standard. You must have a broad interest in visual culture/communication, and ideally be a talented illustrator. Good presentation and organisational skills are essential. You need to be efficient and have some experience working in a similar role or are a graduate.
The successful candidate will report to the Creative Director and work collaboratively and independently across all areas of the business, fashion, home, lifestyle and licencing. This is a full-time position based at the Orla Kiely Head office in London.
- BA or MA in Graphic Design/Illustration/Design Communications.
- Knowledge of Adobe design software: Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates a thought process across varied projects.
- An understanding of graphic design principles.
- Knowledge of print and prepress production.
- Working knowledge and understanding of web and interactive design.
- Be organised with excellent attention to detail
- Have a creative personality
- Have a calm and enthusiastic demeanour
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and proactive
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction