Posted on 14 July 2017
Art Director at Glock LtdGLOCK is an award-winning interdisciplinary creative agency based in East London. With unlimited imagination, high production standards and business insight, we give our clients the best possible platform to communicate their key messages. Diversity inspires us and we bring a contemporary yet playful approach to all our projects within our wide-ranging client group.
You’ll be working as an Art Director in a small, dynamic group who specialise in global brand strategy and disruptive ideas spanning across a range of brands.
You’ll take ownership of at least one major account, collaborating with lead designers and lending support to other accounts and art directors where necessary.
In your team you’ll oversee at least one full time senior designer, as well as junior designers and freelancers. You’ll also work very closely with our creative director, project managers, 3D visualising and production team in order to deliver on deadlines and bring your ideas to life. Confidence, conviction and problem-ownership are major aspects of this role and you will be expected to create, present and defend your ideas in front of our clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4-5 years experience in creative agencies
- Initiative, enthusiasm, tons of creative talent and common sense
- The ability to react and adapt to challenges with confidence, and inspire confidence in others
- Great presentation skills and experience in maintaining client relationships
- The ability not only to create beautiful, engaging, disruptive designs, but to build the strategy, conceptualise, articulate and pitch ideas
- Experience bringing ideas to life in 3D (ideally you’d have experience working on brand activations).
- A deep understanding of what it means to design for specific channels (on-trade/off-trade/consumer-facing etc)
- An pro-active, organised, structured, yet flexible approach to your work (the ability to multitask and oversee/prioritise multiple projects and deadlines is crucial)