Posted on 14 July 2017
Graphic Design Assistant at PublicaPublica specialises in strategies and design for public space, urban design and masterplanning. We are based in Clerkenwell Green, London.
Publica is a multi-disciplinary team of urban designers, graphic designers and researchers. We place great emphasis on our visual communications and our in-house graphic design team is integral to our practice.
Publica are looking for a talented and conscientious Graphic Design Assistant who can support our graphic design team in the development and implementation of the company’s identity across all printed and digital materials.
This is a creative and varied position within an in-house environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working on materials for print; some experience of digital design; have excellent communication and organisation skills; possess a portfolio that shows an eye for typography and detail; and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively.
To support the design and production of reports and associated materials; reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer, working alongside Graphic Designers and liaising with the urban design and research teams. This will include:
- Supporting the graphic designers on the editorial design and artworking of reports, presentations and other materials for Publica projects.
- Artworking of maps, infographics, photographs, drawings and other visual materials.
- Design of materials for the communications team, including: presentation design for talks and events, design of graphics for short films, websites, emailers, social media and other associated marketing materials.
- Assisting with the design and production of company information and tender brochures for the sales team.
- Design, artworking and uploading of content for the Publica website.
- Implementing the Publica identity across all external communications and in-house materials.
- Archiving of digital content.
- Supporting the ongoing development of the Publica identity and its application to all materials.
- To provide technical assistance to the wider project team for InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Preparing documents for print: liaising with external printers and suppliers; source quotes and sample materials; and prepare documents for print and electronic delivery.
- General design related administration duties.
Experience and skills required:
- A portfolio showcasing:
- Branding and identity projects
- Editorial design
- A good eye for typography and detail
- Projects for print and digital. Experience of preparing projects for print.
- Creative solutions executed well.
- Experience working in a studio environment/within a team.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Keynote and Adobe Acrobat.
-Excellent communication skills with the ability to work individually as well as part of a small graphic design team and within the wider Publica team.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Proactive, innovative, resourceful and self-motivated.
- Approachable, helpful and thrives in a supporting role.
- An enthusiasm and awareness of current trends and developments in graphic design.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Editorial experience, e.g. working with large amounts of content, working with editors/proofreaders, high standard of typographic design.
- Experience of working within a collaborative design team.
- Experience and knowledge of film editing software, e.g. Final Cut.
- Experience of working in-house or for clients in the architecture/urban design sector.
- Interest in architecture, urbanism and the public realm.
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience.
Initial three-month contract, with a view to a permanent position.
Full time, 40 hours per week.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send your CV, cover letter and short PDF of work samples (max attachment size 10MB) to email@example.com stating Graphic Design Assistant application in the subject line. Your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working with Publica, and what you would bring to this role. Postal applications will be accepted and should be addressed to: Graphic Design Assistant Application, Publica, 10–11 Clerkenwell Green, London, EC1R 0DP
For more information, please visit www.publica.co.uk