Posted on 31 July 2017
Product Designer at Yoyo WalletLaunched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a Product designer to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 4th year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
With a growing team of designers, yoyo has quickly embraced a design led product development process. Within the design team we believe in ownership and responsibility.
Designers at Yoyo have deep practitioner specialist skills across any or all parts of the design spectrum - from design strategy and IA, UX, interface design, through to prototyping and movement. We however display a generalist attitude; an understanding of the whole design process, and can easily navigate, communicate and practice the full spectrum.
We have practical delivery skills to make actual things rather than just pictures of things. And these skills constantly evolve – so we self-teach a lot.
We are passionate about the intersection between Design, UX and Front End and the possibilities for innovation at those boundaries. We work in mixed discipline highly collaborative teams, committed to building better experiences and truly believe that user experience is the responsibility of the whole project team.
We are looking for a Mid Weight Product Designer to join our growing design team. In this role you'll work on the rapid delivery of projects ranging from improvements to existing experience design systems, through to large one off projects across responsive frameworks or native apps.
You will develop strong, long-term relationships within teams and internal stakeholders, shaping their understanding of modern digital practice and increasing their confidence when commissioning digital experiences.
Working closely with head of design and other designers you will contribute to all design aspects of our work and ensure it is robust, progressive and commercially strong.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, within yoyo and beyond, to conceive, describe and craft useful, usable and delightful digital products and services
- Shape design solutions and rapidly visualize a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Constantly develop the craft of UX & UI, pushing the creativity and innovation in our work
- Produce a range of artefacts from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, through to site maps, user flows and interface design
- Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from senior marketing execs to technical architects and developers
Nice to have:
- Experience of rapidly sketching, scamping concepts and making prototypes
- Producing UX and visual design deliverables to a high standard of polish
- Able to use the usual design and prototyping software to a high standard (Such as: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sublime/Atom, Keynote, pen and paper) + any you can introduce us to
- Able to interpret, follow and create design guidelines and principles
- Exemplary and creative storytelling with strong, clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to learn new tools as needed.
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success, but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary
- All the equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role
- Monthly credit to your Yoyo Wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!