Posted on 31 July 2017
Senior Digital Designer at Project ProvenanceProvenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
We are a social enterprise and our mission is to make product supply chains more transparent. Strengthening honest business as a force for good is important to each of us. We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remote from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe. The product team is a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers working in sprints, and in close collaboration with the rest of the company.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Designer with strong UI experience to join our Product team. Working as part of a mixed team of designers and developers you will be responsible for leading the visual consistency of Provenance across multiple touchpoints, primarily on mobile devices. Working on the core product, taking wireframes from the team to translate into designs.
- Produce high-quality visual designs–from concept through to execution, predominantly for mobile screens. Showing rationale and process behind design iterations
- Helping to shape and develop the UI style for Provenance in line with style guides
- Bring new and on-trend ideas to the table for discussion as to further the visual experience of the product
- Continually improve and update the style guide
- Support with graphics and icons for marketing collateral
- Be comfortable working in agile sprints delivering continuous small improvements
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience designing digital products and services – ideally some of which was spent on a B2B Software as a service (SaaS) product
- Experience using analytics data and user feedback to lead design decisions
- Comfortable learning about and understanding technical concepts (e.g. smart tags and blockchains)
- As you’ll be reporting to the CTO and working closely with our designers and developers, you’ll be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a cross-discipline team
- Someone who is just as happy hacking something to test an idea as they are crafting a difficult solution that will provide users with the best possible experience
- Someone who shares our mission and is passionate about the same things we are
- Someone collaborative and pragmatic in their approach. Getting stuck in to projects and keen to offer up knowledge and skills to other team members is a must
- A lean approach to product development, prioritising experiments to help learning over blindly adding features
How to ApplyEmail us at email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Digital Designer. Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits.
- Portfolio of your work
- A short introduction explaining why you would like the job
- Some examples of digital products you currently like or admire