Posted on 31 July 2017
Graphic Designer at Make LtdMake is a studio of highly creative and talented architects and designers who have acquired considerable professional experience designing advanced, complex and iconic buildings. We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to creating an open and egalitarian working environment. We've been listed in the Sunday Times ‘Best Small Companies to Work For’ ranking for three consecutive years, and were the AJ100 Practice of the Year 2014 and the AJ100 Employer of the Year 2016.
Our brand and internal design are an extension of this and integral to the success of the practice. This is a very creative and diverse role within a branded framework. The chosen candidate will be working with another graphic designer, two in-house writers and a photographer, as well as the wider Communications team. The ideal candidate will have up to three years’ experience.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Designing Make’s annual publication.
- Creating project brochures from templates for the architects and providing design assistance where needed.
- Creating and updating marketing brochures.
- Designing awards entries (brochures, boards, posters etc).
- Designing digital presentations for Mac and PC.
- Overseeing branded stationery and products.
- Providing studio graphics and in-house exhibition design.
- Designing promotional items (invites for events etc).
- Providing technical support for InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Design experience and skills required:
- Familiarity with the architectural design process.
- Experience working with editors/proofreaders.
- Experience working with photographers.
- A content-relevant, up-to-date professional portfolio demonstrating:
- Experience in print and editorial design.
- Experience in creating brand identities.
- Experience in creating supergraphics and wayfinding systems.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Well-executed work with typography.
- Creative design solutions for relevant briefs.
- Experience of working within a branded framework.
- Experience of working within a collaborative design team.
- Experience of taking projects from concept to completion.
- Knowledge and understanding of front-end digital design for web and apps.
- Fluency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
At Make we look for people who not only have the required experience and skills but also fit the culture. We’re an employee-owned practice, which means every employee is a partner. For this role, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, innovative, resourceful and self-motivated.
- Organised and methodical, with an emphasis on efficient time management.
- Able to multi-task.
- Approachable, helpful and thrives in a supporting role.
- A keen interest in architecture.
- BA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
How to ApplyIf you think you have the drive to succeed in this creative and challenging environment, please email your CV, portfolio and salary expectations to email@example.com
We expect to receive a high volume of applications; if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Make does not accept CVs from agencies.