Posted on 1 August 2017
Editorial Assistant at Foam MagazineFoam Magazine is currently seeking an Editorial Assistant (40 hours / week).
The Editorial Assistant supports the Managing Editor and the Editorial Team in all aspects related to the production of Foam Magazine at large. She/he takes active part in content research, assists with planning, organisation, production and supervision of the magazine content and its related projects. She/he is also in charge of managing print production workflow, being the touch point between editorial and production partners (designers, paper supplier, printer). The Editorial Assistant collaborates with the communication and marketing department for the creation of content related to Foam Magazine, and supports the institution with copyediting and proofreading duties.
As Foam is an institution operating in a flexible context, the Editorial Assistant is also expected to take part, when needed, in the different activities of the institution.
- researching and commissioning features and being up to date with interesting content
- planning and organising projects
- liaising with authors, marketing staff, designers and printers
- writing and copyediting
- proofreading and fact-checking articles
- keeping CRM database and relevant spreadsheets up to date
We are looking for someone with:
- proven experience in the field of photography
- proven experience in the editorial context and/or project management
- highly organised and able to prioritise workload efficiently
- proactive, motivated, flexible and dedicated with meticulous attention to detail
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- excellent writing skills in English, native speaker
- ability to learn quickly and manage a high volume workload
- good problem solving ability
- ability to concentrate amid confusion and to work under pressure
- proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- familiarity with the Adobe Suite is a plus (especially InDesign and Photoshop)
- proficiency in extra languages is a plus
This position requires the availability of 40 hours per week.
Foam Magazine is an international photography magazine, published three times a year by Foam Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam.
Foam Magazine is sponsored by Igepa Netherlands BV, supplier of excellent paper.