Posted on 1 August 2017
UX Designer at Ace & TateAce & Tate is looking for a highly talented UX designer to optimise the digital experience across all our channels. You will be responsible for researching, prototyping and designing excellent user experiences. The position is fulltime and directly available.
The mission of our UX Designer is to make sure that it is a joy to shop at aceandtate.com. Our website enables our creative team to tell the story of our brand. Visually brilliant and especially inspiring to read. Understanding that there is a fine balance between brand visuals and driving conversion is key. Not only do you have a great sense of design, but you also have an intuitive sense for how to create digital experiences that people love. One of your main responsibilities will be to design for conversion and figure out what works in the future of digital commerce. User-centered design comes natural to you.
You will be involved in the entire digital product development process, from conceptualising new ideas to testing your designs with real customers. Our digital team is multidisciplinary with developers, designers, marketers and analysts. At Ace & Tate we move things forward in a structured and fast pace. You feel comfortable in this type of environment. You get things done in an iterative design process of days or weeks instead of months.
- Designing anything digital from mobile to desktop driven by creativity, data and user insights
- Improving conversion of the website by running tests via a continuous improvement cycle
- Managing structured usability research to get customer insights
- Translating research into prototypes and implementing them in our design system
- Monitoring the customer conversion paths across the website
- You love design and know how to express your passion
- You have a positive attitude, an open mind and a desire to collaborate
- You are on the strategic side of digital design, but understand what visually works
- You own the digital design game for all devices and are eager to learn about new interfaces for future technologies; like voice, chat or AR
- You get excited about finding out what this 'seamless omnichannel experience' for the future of commerce will be
- You don't think of design in isolation; it's part of an entire customer experience.
- You care about our customers and take pride in your work
- You are able to function independently and set direction
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong and proven track record working in digital design (at least 4+ years of experience)
- Experienced in designing customer journeys, flowcharts, wireframes and information architectures (service design thinking)
- Excellent communication skills (English) to clearly articulate your concepts and design decisions
- Understanding of usability research is required, experience in analytics and user interview is a plus
- Mastery of relevant tools; Sketch, InVision, Omnigraffle, etc
We offer you:
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious team
- Experience how it is to work in a vibrant international scale-up company
- A lot of learning on the job and personal development
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- An update your eyewear collection!
About Ace & Tate:
We want to provide you with the possibility to match your frames with every occasion and all of your favourite styles, as we know how important it is to be able to change your look at anytime you want. Therefore, we design quality, handmade frames at a fair price: €98 including prescription lenses, or €248 for varifocal. Transparency, best-in-class service and a stellar customer experience are key to our brand philosophy as we continue to make eyewear an accessible accessory for everyone.