Posted on 1 August 2017
Events & Community Engagement Manager at PsycleWe're on the hunt for a creative and proactive multi-tasker with a passion for fitness & health to fill a new role in our exciting and fast-growing company. This is an important role with multiple facets that range from educating existing and potential customers to generating a buzz about our fantastic proposition.
The person we're looking for will have a minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience and will work closely with our Head of Marketing and senior management in developing and executing our communications plan.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an energetic company in an important phase of growth: in 3 years we have grown to 3 sites across London and now see over 8,000 people through our doors each week with more developments to come.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with Head of Marketing and external PR agency to deliver the marketing and PR objectives of the brand
- Execution of inspiring experiences/events that convey the brand vision and values and generate buzz about our fantastic proposition. You are responsible for planning and delivery of our annual events strategy to drive awareness, excitement, acquisition and retention. This includes large scale brand events to smaller, more personalised local events, speaking engagement and partnership activity.
- Produce & manage detailed proposals for events, including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets, event logistics and communication
- Work with senior management to provide ROI analysis subsequent to events
- Proactive management of press & blogger relationships
- Management of VIP and important community relationships to ensure high engagement, loyalty and value perception. Work to strengthen their relationship with the brand and ensure personalized attention and care.
- Work cross functionally with the Head of Marketing to drive social media strategy and to coordinate coverage of key moments, brand events & messages
- Work with creative team to ensure all online, media coverage and events maintain brand standards and visual identity
- Represent Psycle at brand and industry events
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with media across all channels via regular communication and press appointments
- Draft and review press and event materials
Our ideal candidate is a true and intuitive people's person who has a 360 degree view of the modern media landscape and is not afraid of picking up the phone when necessary. Among others we would be looking for the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills - the ideal candidate is outgoing, positive and energetic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrates proven ability to understand larger PR & marketing strategy
- Experience conducting media outreach and content creation for social channels
- Excellent personal presentation and delivery
- Passionate about health and fitness and some knowledge of the industry is beneficial
- Excellent team player
- Problem solver, with an ability to deliver under pressure
- 3-4 years relevant experience either working in publishing, an in-house PR role, or in an agency setting