Posted on 2 August 2017
Account Manager at M&CSaatchi ShopM&C Saatchi Shop is a leading shopper, retail and eCommerce agency, that was founded in 2015 as part of the M&C Saatchi Group. We focus on turning shoppers into buyers by developing more personal experiences at key decision points. This means developing retail campaigns that seamlessly connect mobile (digital) and the physical store, and deliver value for our clients and their customers. We work with clients such as Mondelez, Unilever, Electrolux & Reebok.
We are re-defining what Shopper Marketing means. At M&C Saatchi Shop, it’s less about “shopper” and more about “how people shop”. Consumers are becoming more demanding and it’s a space where there’s lots of room and client appetite for innovation. Channels we use include innovative platforms such as chatbots, digital e-comm, social media and content, as well as experiential, POS, email, SMS and MMS. We’re based in the centre of Soho in the same building as most of the other M&C Saatchi Group agencies. This gives us access to group resources, but the flexibility, independence, and mindset of a small start-up agency.
We’re a start-up with a small friendly team. At our heart, we’re collaborative, social people with a lot of energy. We’re honest and straightforward.We make sure everyone feels that their voice is heard. We take pride in our work, and in the success of our agency. These aren’t just clichés. They’re fundamental to who we are as a team; which is why team chemistry is so important to us. Joining our team is not like working on a large account in a big agency. If you’re looking for the anonymity of a big corporate team, this isn’t us. However, if you want to bring your energy and humour to become an integral part of our team as we grow, your career can accelerate quicker here than at other agencies.
We’re a start-up, aiming to grow fast. We’re a high energy team who thrive on fast-paced variety. But as we gain momentum, we need an Account Manager to keep things running smoothly, by helping to deliver a range of client projects and supporting the wider team.
We’re looking for someone with a pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit to join our team.You want the challenge of a start-up environment (with the support of a network) and like the idea of helping grow a business. You’ll need to be a team player; not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in to keep things running smoothly. However, responsibility will come quickly and you’ll need to be willing and confident to take this on. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable; keeping perspective when things get busy. You’ll also need to be detailed orientated and organised, and thrive on variety.
What your role would be:
- Making sure the day to day running of accounts and projects goes smoothly.
- Managing projects from start to finish, including creating regular status reports and timing plans and managing budgets. This will include liaising with third parties inside and outside the agency network.
- Developing trusting and collaborative relationships with your day-to-day clients; staying in regular contact and attending client meetings.
- Ensuring everything that leaves the agency (both strategic and creative) is to the highest standard and accuracy.
- Staying on top of the latest news and developments in the industry and circulating this knowledge to the team and the clients.
- Knowing our client’s businesses – conducting regular competitor reviews and sharing relevant updates to the wider team.
- Supporting the team’s new business efforts; whether that be creating the agency update email; attending internal pitch meetings or pulling together creds and project evaluations.
- We need someone with a solid background in either Shopper/Retail Marketing and/or ecommerce.
You’ll need to have at least 6 months experience in an Account Manager role in a relevant agency, and genuine provable interest in the area.
- You need to be comfortable and confident in managing projects from start to finish across a range of channels, including managing budgets and timing plans.
- You’ll need to be detailed orientated and organised, even when working quickly and in busy periods.
- You will be good at dealing with multiple stakeholders internally and on the client team.
- You will be solutions focused. Someone who isn’t fazed when a project doesn’t go to plan. You will be a natural problem solver and strategic thinker.
- You’ll need to thrive on variety, and be able to juggle multiple projects and clients, including new business activities likes pitches.
- You will have a creative mind and be a keen judge of creative work.
- You will have a mature outlook, and be able to provide leadership on projects internally and in front of the client.
- You will be good at managing up, and keeping those above you informed on your projects – both when they’re going well and not so well. You’ll be great at working independently and taking
ownership of projects, but won’t be afraid to ask for help and guidance.
We offer a competitive salary (which is regularly reviewed) plus a benefits package including contributory pension, health cover and on-going training. Other benefits include having your birthday off and a flexible working culture.