Posted on 2 August 2017
Global Social Media Manager at Girl EffectWe have a fantastic new opportunity for a Global Social Media Manager to join our team. This role will lead on the social media strategy of Springster, our global mobile product - helping us to grow our audience, boost Springster’s brand visibility, drive learning and conversations with girls and increase their engagement with our platforms.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, you'll work closely with our global and in country content teams to deliver high quality content marketing strategies that will appeal to our teen audience and help us meet our audience growth and engagement targets.
It's a global mobile product we've developed over the past two years, that enables millions of girls to connect to the stories, inspiration, tips and advice they need. Springster's mobile website is designed for feature and smart phones in countries with limited bandwidth and is now live in 62 markets globally.
In the next year, we're transitioning from being a basic mobile website to a fully-fledged global community of girls. We are now in the process of rolling out new features, content, and services that will increase engagement, enrich the user experience and magnify our impact.
All of this requires building our team capacity and bringing the right talent to help our team manage all the moving pieces of our product development.
What you can expect to be involved in:
- Developing and deploying social media strategies - working closely with our partners and stakeholders, to grow engagement and visibility for Springster’s brand and content.
- Defining appropriate targets and KPIs for the success of social campaigns and content
- Working with local and global content teams to conceptualise, create, deploy and monitor all social media campaigns across our various markets.
- Utilising social listening tools to generate insights and create actionable reports
- Management of all social media research requirements for Springster
- Creating and publishing engaging posts and multimedia content to our various channels
- Setting moderation and safeguarding guidelines across social channels
- Review user comments and create processes for quick and timely responses and referrals
- Working with moderators to respond to comments and engage with users where appropriate, so as to foster a positive community, drive conversations and increase engagement with our content.
- Developing toolkits to help our global teams to deploy social media campaigns - providing guidance and training to support this where applicable
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent preferably with a Media, Digital Media or Communications specialisation
- Extensive experience managing social media platforms or online communities for established media or commercial brands.
- Proficiency in the use of social media management, social listening and advertising tools as well as processes e.g. Sprinklr, Hootesuite, Facebook Business Manager, Power Editor, and others
- Experience establishing metrics, gleaning insights and compiling reports and recommending strategies that achieve goals.
- Understanding of various social channels and what is possible on them - in order to leverage their potential for our goals.
- Excellent communication skills and creative writing skills.
- Knowledge of the latest social media trends and the ability to guide the team on the latest practices in community management is also a must.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in pioneering work that will be complex, creative, challenging, fun, and meaningful, all at the same time!
Salary package and benefits:
Competitive salary, benefits and awesome pension scheme. Plus, a whole host of other soft benefits including a great company culture, fantastic offices, development opportunities and the chance to work with amazing people – all for a positive cause!