Posted on 2 August 2017
Creative Artworker at Olivia BurtonOlivia Burton is an exciting start-up fashion and lifestyle business which was set up five years ago and has been actively trading for the last four years. The company was founded by two entrepreneur’s Lesa Bennett and Jemma Fennings who met when studying at the London College of Fashion. After completing their degrees, Lesa took a role as a Buyer with ASOS and Jemma joined Topshop. In 2012, after noticing a significant gap in the market for stylish, fashionable watches at an affordable price, the duo decided to join forces and set up their own business; Olivia Burton.
The business has taken the watch industry by storm with its successful range and has enjoyed impressive year on year growth. Mixing vintage styles with catwalk trends, Olivia Burton designs are strikingly original. The coveted watch label launches new collections of directional styles every two months, allowing Olivia Burton to be able to react to seasonal trends and offer the consumer constant newness. Last year the brand launched a jewellery range as a natural expansion of their product offering.
Stocked in 660 doors world-wide, including Nordstrom, John Lewis and ASOS, Olivia Burton work both with Distributors and retail partners direct. International expansion is a clear strategic driver over the coming years, alongside building brand awareness and engagement in the UK.
The 20-strong team at Oliva Burton is made up of young professionals, based in their warehouse style office near Old Street.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a new challenge within a small, fun and fast growing company. The Artworker will be highly skilled and diverse in their thinking and approach. The candidate will provide precise input and support to the design team and have experience of working within an artworker role.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work proactively under own initiative and as part of the design team to ensure all jobs are appropriately completed and any critical dates and tight deadlines are met.
- Working as a team player to support, learn, and understand existing projects.
- Create artwork as briefed
- To actively participate in the team communicating well and working towards a right first time approach.
- To adhere to a creative checklist, checking all creative artworks to ensure the highest possible standard.
- Responsible for your own projects overseeing it from its entirety in artwork and production.
- You'll use smart operational processes and workflow management strategies
- Look for ways to develop new design within the guidelines, marketing and production opportunities
- Proactively monitor artwork quality, accuracy and consistency
Olivia Burton is a dynamic, fast growing company within the fashion industry, so culture fit within the team is really important to us. We are looking for a team player who has the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
To qualify for the role you should have a portfolio that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Artworker role;
- Creativity, attention to detail and skill with layout and typography;
- Commercial experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, along with a sound knowledge of all Office applications;
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- A flexible approach to work, with a sense of humour and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- An understanding of brand guidelines as it is important to ensure a clear message is communicated throughout projects.
- Animation experience would be a strong advantage.