Posted on 2 August 2017
Graphic Designer at Olivia BurtonOlivia Burton is an exciting start-up fashion and lifestyle business which was set up five years ago and has been actively trading for the last four years. The company was founded by two entrepreneur’s Lesa Bennett and Jemma Fennings who met when studying at the London College of Fashion. After completing their degrees, Lesa took a role as a Buyer with ASOS and Jemma joined Topshop. In 2012, after noticing a significant gap in the market for stylish, fashionable watches at an affordable price, the duo decided to join forces and set up their own business; Olivia Burton.
The business has taken the watch industry by storm with its successful range and has enjoyed impressive year on year growth with the current trading year expected to end with an estimated turnover of £14m. Mixing vintage styles with catwalk trends, Olivia Burton designs are strikingly original. The coveted watch label launches new collections of directional styles every two months, allowing Olivia Burton to be able to react to seasonal trends and offer the consumer constant newness. Last year the brand launched a jewellery range as a natural expansion of their product offering.
Stocked in 660 doors world-wide, including Nordstrom, John Lewis and ASOS, Olivia Burton work both with Distributors and retail partners direct. International expansion is a clear strategic driver over the coming years, alongside building brand awareness and engagement in the UK.
The 30-strong team at Oliva Burton is made up of young professionals, based in their warehouse style office near Old Street.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a challenge within a small, fun and fast growing company. The design team is an integral part of the Olivia Burton operation where the ideas of the mind come to life. Your work will be seen and worn by our consumers and clients. The environment is a mixture of a fast paced and steady one that can have tight deadlines on occasion. The candidate will support the lead designer and team members with all graphic design requirements and support in other areas of design on an ad hoc basis.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working within the design team to ensure all jobs are appropriately completed and any critical dates and deadlines are met.
- Work with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD), Adobe, Illustrator AND In-design whilst keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- Working as a team player to support, learn, and understand existing projects
- Work towards a right first time approach and checking all creative artworks to ensure the highest possible standard.
- Responsible for your own projects overseeing it from its entirety.
- Assisting with design requirements for both print and web-based projects
- Provide creative input for projects and campaigns; review designs with the design team.
- Working to brand guidelines and ensuring visual and key messages are conveyed
Olivia Burton is a dynamic, fast growing company within the fashion industry, so culture fit within the team is really important to us. We are looking for a team player who has the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
- A good understanding of the brand and guidelines
- Good communication skills
- Great progress reporting skills at every stage of the design and artwork process
- Pay meticulous attention to detail
- Fully Mac literate and competent in Adobe CS including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Pro-active can do approach
- Recognized design qualification
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a creative flair
- Complete all tasks given in a timely fashion
- Experience designing for print and web
- Experience of preparing artwork for print in a fast and accurate manner
- Experience supporting senior staff and overseeing juniors