Posted on 3 August 2017
Intern Office Assistant at Not To ScaleOn a day to day basis, you will be our front of house person.
While being the first point of contact on the telephone & in person, you will be required to manage the running of the production office & animation studios, while liaising with the offsite IT department to ensure the smooth running of all IT systems on a day to day basis & to ensure workstations & facilities are prepped for & allocated to freelance crew where necessary.
- General admin duties
- Monitoring of suppliers and company purchases
- Website & ftp site maintenance
- Sending out showreels in conjunction with our Director’s Representative
- Maintaining & managing reference material in our library.
- Upkeeping a high level of office & studio appearance
- Opening and locking up studio
- You will also be required to work on the compilation of visual reference for pitches
- And learn to layout, printout and upload pitches.
During production, you will be required to assist the Production Manager & / Producer at an admin / researcher / junior Production Assistant level.
A breakdown of typical production duties are:
- Calling in appropriate crew showreels for pending jobs under the guidance of the Production Manager & / Producer
- Researching & compiling reference and marketing material via, telephone, Internet, DVDs & PDF etc when required
- Uploading & downloading of work & / presentations to ftp & client sites
Candidate should be diligent, enthusiastic and good at prioritizing with a creative bent. Must be able to implement & maintain systems to provide an efficient and smooth running studio environment.
Able to work as part of a team under guidance or independently using their own initiative.
They must also be prepared to ask for & take help and advice when necessary & to show a willingness to work long days when required.
The right candidate will have a great personality, a can do attitude and will be willing to learn and accept new responsibilities at short notice on a daily basis.
The Role would suit someone with some office administration & reception experience, with an interest in media, whose long-term aim is to achieve the role of Production Manger.
The Candidate must:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Possess a high level of organisational skills
- Show initiative and problem solving skills
- Execute diplomacy and sensitivity at all times
-Have good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
-Effectively manage time, prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- An excellent telephone manner, ability to take & deliver accurate messages
- IT literate - Fully competent with both MAC and PC platforms.
- Photoshop & Microsoft Office competency essential.
- DVD authoring desirable but not essential
- Careful petty cash handling,
How to ApplyEmail application to email@example.com
In the subject please write "Not To Scale LA Intern Application - You name"