Posted on 8 August 2017
Junior Designer at Bauer MediaIn an increasingly competitive media marketplace, it is important that we stand out from our competitors and can provide a point of difference. With this in mind, we are looking for a skilled and imaginative Junior level graphic designer, who can work well independently as well as part of a team working in our Commercial team in London. The designer will deliver brilliant designs, presentations and other collateral to support our multi-platform sales team. The designer will report into the Lead Designer and will be responsible for the look and feel of our external communications (including website) and collateral to take out to market.
A strong communicator with a passion for brands, high standards and attention to detail as well as a desire to operate in a commercial environment, this is a role to work across the Bauer Media portfolio.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that we cement our reputation for creativity and innovation, giving clients a reason to choose us over our competitors.
This position is based in our central London offices.
- Produce outstanding collateral and pitches that set us apart from our competition
- Take research based information and communicate this in an inspiring and engaging way
- Maintaining and updating the creative asset library
- Inspiring internal teams to think more creatively
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in a commercial environment
- Ability to produce accurate work when under the pressure of tight deadlines
- An innovator that proactively seeks out new ways of doing things
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to absorb knowledge and information quickly
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A sense of fun, loads of enthusiasm and a passion for radio, magazines & Digital
- A willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- A true team player
Skills - Essential:
- Graphic design and Illustration skills
- Have excellent core design knowledge, Graphic Layout and typography skills.
- Be able to adapt in style and follow existing styles and brand guidelines.
- Be able to work to in-house standards, guidelines and processes
- Be able to work with other designers and take direction/criticism
- Have examples of self-initiated projects available to see.
- Have an up to date portfolio.
- Show work from previous jobs and describe exactly what parts they were involved with.
- Be highly motivated
Be able to understand briefs and communicate ideas and solutions.
-• Want to work for the good of a product/company/team.
- Be a friendly and approachable person who wants to forge a career within Bauer Media
Skills - Nice To Have:
- Hand-coding CSS/HTML responsive design skills
- Video/Motion graphics experience
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Microsoft PowerPoint