Posted on 9 August 2017
Junior Digital Designer (Maternity Cover) at Phaidon PressLondon, Part time - 4 days per week
Phaidon is the premier global publisher of the creative arts with over 1,500 titles in print. We work with the world's most influential artists, chefs, writers and thinkers to produce innovative books on art, photography, design, architecture, fashion, food and travel, and illustrated books for children.
Responsible for the creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform design work for ecommerce and for the wider Sales and Marketing teams, all completed to Phaidon’s high aesthetic standards and strong brand identity.
You should be confident designing across a variety of projects including webpages, emails, newsletters and social media, as well as being involved in the conception of digital campaigns.
- Working with the Digital and Marketing teams to produce innovative content for the site and other digital platforms such as email and social media
- Continually maintain awareness of a customer’s user behaviour to maximize their experience and to generate sales through phaidon.com
- Confident using Content Management Systems to organise and upload content
- Flexibility to design for print where necessary
Key Skills / Technical experience:
- Strong interest in art, design and ecommerce
- Experience designing cross-platform, with an understanding of the specifics of designing for Desktop, Mobile and Tablet
- Strong typography, layout and retouching skills
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Organised, attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing requirements is essential
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm for constantly improving the content of the site and for what you could bring to the Phaidon brand
- Some HTML, responsive design knowledge is desirable