Posted on 9 August 2017
Editorial Assistant at The Bod EditABOUT
The Bod Edit is a dynamic digital publication that launched in April 2017. Conceived as an informative guide to the body and living well, the publication features illuminating perspectives from a wide range of international authorities. From Michelin –Starred Chefs to Olympic Athletes, the editorial continues to produce informative content that marries the power of storytelling with the beauty of creative expression.
We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our creative team and support the production of editorial content. Responsibilities will include assisting in the development of engaging content with a view to fostering branded partnerships, as well as assisting creative development and visual production. The successful candidate will have an eye on planning and execution, keen organizational skills, and a strong interest in working within a creative lifestyle editorial.
Support editorial content production and management. Responsibilities will include:
- Curating short-form and newsletter content
- Sub-editing articles prior to publication for accuracy and quality
- Providing additional copy where necessary.
- Transcribing and editing interviews
- Carrying out relevant brand research for editorial features.
Assist with organising visual production. Responsibilities will include:
- Shoot organisation and coordination; liaising with brands and freelancers
- Negotiating fees and commissions for photography and videography work.
- Ensuring all visual edits meet editorial standards and are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Providing additional support for shoots where necessary
Facilitate brand and PR communications.
- Building on existing media and brand relationships whilst fostering new contacts.
- Communicating with brands and PRs to align with relevant content features on our editorial.
Oversee technical management of files. This will include:
- Basic resizing and optimising media files for use on different online platforms.
- Ensuring all content is appropriately backed-up and archived for editorial use.
- Updating the editorial database where necessary
- Degree-level educated, preferably in English Literature, History of Art or other relevant Humanities subjects
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to generate ideas and contribute to features development
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, and able to work effectively within a team.
- PR and communications experience would be ideal, as well as possessing a keen interest in lifestyle content.
- Working knowledge with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign would be a bonus.
How to ApplyPlease include a cover letter and any relevant portfolio information where necessary.
Applicants may apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial interview.