Posted on 9 August 2017
WordPress Developer at Drew LondonWe are an independent branding and digital communications agency based in Old Street, London. We deliver beautiful design across print and digital platforms for a range of clients from niche retail brands to charities and asset management corporations. We strive to delight clients and audiences with results which go beyond expectations.
We have an eclectic range of interests and pastimes and are looking for a good team player. Sociable and with great taste in music, we hope that you will become an active character within our team and if you also have a love of animals (particularly small dogs called Spike) then so much the better.
We are looking for a Full-stack Developer, with 2-3 years agency experience, who is comfortable working across both backend and frontend.
You will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and an enthusiasm for digital practices, trends and methods.
You’ll work on a variety of projects, focusing mainly on maintaining and growing the company web products; so will need strong skills in PHP, HTML, SCSS and JS.
We run a number of sites on a variety of platforms, leaning heavily towards WordPress, for an interesting range of B2C, B2B and 3rd sector clients.
- Web development – developing and upgrading new and existing sites utilising PHP, HTML5, SCSS/CSS and JS.
- Website management – supporting and adding new features to current client websites.
- Responsive, Retina-ready, website building using: PHP (OOPHP), HTML/5, SCSS, CSS/CSS3, JS, jQuery and MySQL
- Knowledge of WordPress theme and plugin development
- Git version control
- Experience of server security
- Knowledge of browser and device capabilities and ability to test across these
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities
- Frontend Frameworks e.g. Bootstrap/Foundation
- CSS methodologies e.g. BEM/OOCSS
- Good attention to design detail
- Web server administration w/LAMP
We don’t expect you to tick all of the above boxes, so please don’t be put off; we’d still love to hear about you and your set of skills.