Posted on 9 August 2017
Junior Artworker at Ted BakerTED’s Guide to what the Junior Artworker does around here……
We’re Ted Baker and we’ve got our eyes peeled for a hard-working, talented and multidisciplinary Junior Artworker to work as part of Ted’s in-house Creative team in Central London.
Reporting to the Head of Creative and Ted’s head Artworker Supervisor, this role requires an exceptionally enthusiastic, hard-working, extremely organised and truly multidisciplinary candidate who is looking to gain experience across a variety of creative projects.
You must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, with a thorough print knowledge and how to set up artwork for print (ie: litho, digital or large format).
As such, you must also bring with you an in-depth understanding of producing immaculate artwork for a variety of print materials and large format platforms, as well as a solid grounding in repro and print processes.
You will play a key role in enhancing the design, visualisation and preparation of artwork for print and will work closely with our senior artworker as well as our team of graphic designers. You must be confident in working from scamps or Mac visuals and must be expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
Overall, you must be a fast worker and excellent at multi-tasking, with the ability to turn a project around quickly with no loss of quality whilst delivering to highest possible standards.
In return, Ted will offer you excellent benefits, opportunities to gain experience across a range of projects and a clear career progression path.
- To support all areas of the business with a range of artworking requests (and to
- develop a thorough understanding of internal requirements).
- To accurately respond to briefs, and to develop / set up artwork that is ready for print
- To offer a positive, can-do attitude, to work as part of a team + contribute ideas
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and across a number of briefs at one time
- Overall, you’ll need to be a Ted brand ambassador, ensuring that every single piece of artwork created offers exacting attention to detail and consideration.
Tools of the Trade:
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign packages) is vital
- Proven ability to generate and visualise concepts to a high standard
- Excellent organisation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Technical knowledge when setting up artwork in large format for different large format printers.
- A can do attitude, plus a willingness to learn and to progress your career.
- Effective time management skills + able to manage / prioritise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Fully competent in Excel and Word + Mac
- A degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
- Experience working within a professional creative/design team