Posted on 9 August 2017
In-house Designer at Candy MechanicsHere at Candy Mechanics we create customised candy from the future…
Why send paper when you can send chocolate, right? With Candy Mechanics you can create the craziest, tastiest sweet treats you are ever likely to send, and they are completely custom made. We have devised a unique way to create personalised confectionery, including creating your own face as a Lollipop in 5 minutes and it’s highly scaleable.
We have big ambitions to change the game in personalisation and experiences in retail & for online gifting. We are delivering a 7 month pop-up tour of the UK hitting all the major shopping malls and we are looking for a self motivated designer to work with our talented team in house to lead all art direction and content design, shaping the future look and feel of Candy Mechanics.
This is a varied and hands-on role working across every touchpoint of the brand. You must as happy to create an animation for our social channels or design new packing for our products as well as coming up with ideas for seasonal campaigns across all our marketing channels and implementing them.
Working closely with the rest of the team you will take complete ownership of creating multi-channel content that is fun, engaging and relevant to our customers. You will be full time and must be a self-starter who is happy to lead and manage your own projects while also having the ability to be agile and work to short deadlines when required.
About you - You have worked 3 to 5+ years as a Designer.
You want to be a part of a startup with huge potential and help shape the future of the brand. You aren't afraid to try new things and get stuck in learning something you might not have expected to. You are a self-starter who has experience in directing and creating content across, print, packaging, moving image and digital and you are happy to lead your own projects.
You have these skills:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have worked on design launches and can take an idea through from concept to content creation, copywriting and artworking
- Good Knowledge of U.X / U.I
- Excellent eye for art direction, keeping content on brand.
- Handy with a camera.
- Team player
- You are an organised and self-directed individual who can be flexible, take responsibility and can be relied upon.
- You are a great copywriter.
- You just so happen to be a world class illustrator.
- Working with an extremely talented team of people who learn from each other every single day
- Be part of a team that is growing rapidly with lots of exciting opportunities.
- Startup life. Highs and lows. Exciting challenges that will directly benefit you. The old saying ‘the more you put in, the more you get out’ is exactly true with this.
- Based 1 minute walk from Borough tube station, London