Posted on 9 August 2017
Lead Developer at Catalysis CommunicationsCatalysis is a creative marketing agency, carrying out exciting, award-winning campaigns for large, global technology companies. Our portfolio of clients includes Autodesk, IBM, HPE, HERE and CA Technologies. We actively encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer a great working environment.
Our dynamic team of consultants comes from a range of backgrounds – from journalism to HR – but we all share a passion for developing and executing exemplary integrated campaigns that delight our clients and drive real results.
Over the past few years, we have recruited a team of talented designers to help us create a range of assets (from digital advertising, animation, web design, video content, experiential design and interactive data visualisation to all sorts of printed assets) that help our clients tell their stories and reach their target audiences in powerful, entertaining and informative ways. We are now looking for an enthusiastic, creative and skilled developer to join our studio to help support the design and development of these digital assets.
Interim portfolio: staging.catalysis.co.uk/catalysis/folio/
As Lead Developer, your overall responsibility is to ensure work is delivered to agreed technical and functional quality, and deadline. You will be an experienced, technically-astute and motivated individual, who is comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements & skills:
- 3+ years’ experience
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Self-learning and self-starting
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of work
- Strong communication skills and a pro-active work-ethic
- Expert knowledge of client-side frameworks and libraries
- Expert knowledge in creating performant, fast loading, responsive experiences
- Experience building HTML5 Banners and responsive email campaigns
- Experience with back-end development using PHP
- Experience with WordPress templating system and ACF
- Proficient with source control systems (Git) and build tools
- Experience with hosting, server and database setup
- Extensive experience with cross-browser compatibility & testing
- Experience writing technical briefs, estimates, timelines and documentation
- Ability to work closely with the design team and clients to develop technical strategies and achievable designs
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Marketo
- Ability to code with accessibility and SEO in mind
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop, Sketch or another leading design package with experiencing designing websites from scratch
- Knowledge of deployment tools such as Capistrano/Git Hooks
- Knowledge as Ansible to create staging environments but not crucial
- Experience working with MySQL databases