Posted on 5 September 2017
Mid-weight Designer at four23Reporting to: Design Leader
four23 is an innovative, independent creative studio, led by CEO Warren Bramley, delivering multi-disciplinary projects across the globe.
We are structured around six core crafts – DESIGN, MOVING IMAGE, CODE, COPY, SPACIAL DESIGN and LIVE.
See four23.net for a full overview.
Visit - www.four23.net/broadcast - to see some of our most recent projects including a block party hosted with Kendrick Lamar, a 360 film shot in the Maré favela of Rio de Janerio, an art installation at Design Junction as part of London Design Festival, a skate park and gallery created in Los Angeles with Eric Kostyn, animations with Damon Albarn for Médecins Sans Frontières and art direction for Team GB with Stella McCartney.
Who we’re looking for:
- Quite simply a really great designer.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is expected, you will be a confident pair of design hands.
- Strong visual design skills. You must be able to visualise ideas and concepts from scratch.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of all print processes and techniques.
- You’ll be great at taking a holistic view on projects and considering all aspects of the brief, not just the design.
- An understanding of digital design is important and it’s an area that you wish to grow into.
- You’ll be confident and articulate and be able to present your ideas clearly.
- You’ll be organised, remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your own time.
- You will demonstrate you value others’ input and expertise and are keen to learn.
- You are able to work on multiple streams of work at once, to produce consistently high level work, even to tight deadlines.
- You will have an ambition to learn, relish a creative challenge and are eager to be a part of a very talented team.
- You must be able to sketch out ideas. The ability to sketch is non- negotiable.
- You will tackle a broad variety of projects from print, to interiors, to event branding, to floorplans, to retail briefs.
- You will be expected to run your own projects, working with the team and delivering creative options to our CEO.
- You will be able to liaise with the production teams to ensure our creative ideas are being executed to a consistent, exceptional standard with an eye on the commerciality of the business.
- You will work alongside our Project Management team to ensure projects are realised and delivered to the highest standard.
- You’ll be expected to provide valuable input internally to maintain and improve the output of the design department.
What we offer:
- We take seriously personal growth and development. All team members have regular access to our CEO, mentorship from our leadership team, and are provided with opportunities for education and learning.
- We work globally – recently our teams have worked in LA, New York, Zurich, Paris, Berlin and Barcelona.
- We have a strong culture at four23 – monthly breakfasts, regular team days, competitive salaries, weekly fruit and flower delivery, contributory pension schemes, team trips and adventures, self-initiated projects as a team, bike purchasing scheme, charitable projects, everyone has a book budget, a detailed induction process, and we are all encouraged to visits talks, conferences, workshops and basically learn and grow.
- We have an internal structure ensuring everyone has a direct contact and line of communication. No one is ever left floating.
- It’s a multinational, multi-lingual team within the studio and it’s close knit, super talented and friendly.
- And what surprises most people is how open the four23 is. It’s a transparent company and we have regular full team days where everything is discussed.
- And finally our studio has been specially designed by our Spacial Design Director, Harriet Paterson. It’s a beautiful flexible space where we gather as a team, spread out alone, hold exhibitions, talks, screenings and, most importantly, be creative. Have a look around the space here: www.flickr.com/photos/studiofour23/albums/72157668385568776
Experience: Minimum 3 years Design experience.
Hours of work:
- 9.30am to 6pm 5 days a week
- Sometimes a project will demand that we work beyond those times and occasionally weekends.
- Those times are given back in lieu and we also provide refresh days that are taken after a major deadline or event. Those days are taken immediately and do not count as holiday.
- 25 days per annum.
- We close for Christmas and New Year.
- And if you want to take all the holidays in one lump to have an adventure – feel free (after being here beyond 1 year).
- Please indicate your salary expectations in your application.
- We provide competitive salaries plus an above statutory pension scheme for everyone from day one.
How to ApplyPlease email a CV and 500 words explaining why ‘you and us’ to email@example.com
Please include the words Mid Weight Designer in the subject line and note where you saw the job advertised.