Posted on 6 September 2017
Junior Graphic Designer at CrowdformWant to join a fast-paced and sociable team as a digital designer? We’re looking for a smart, digital-first creative to join our growing London team. You should have a genuine passion for beautiful UX design, a desire to challenge yourself creatively (and analytically), and be comfortable in a fast-moving project environment.
Our approach to design is about organising complex information and functionality into beautiful, usable digital experiences. Successful candidates must be able to produce exceptional artistic work within the constraints of the digital medium. They must also be able to articulate ideas, simplify complexity and stay ahead of UX trends. That means we need you to be clever, as well as being a great designer.
We design and build websites, apps and digital products to help our clients succeed in digital culture. You’ll be diving into multiple live projects where you’ll have the chance to implement your skills in a hands-on, challenging way. This role is for more than just a designer, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable with responsibility, is opinionated, and is willing to drive projects forward with strong, defensible ideas.
You’ll be slotting into a small team of passionate, young designers and developers based in a laid-back office in Shoreditch High Street with plenty of opportunities for fun.
- Strong portfolio of digital design work (this is 90% what we'll assess you on)
- Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- A good knowledge of current trends, techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of developing cross-browser and cross-platform solutions
- Excellent typographic skills
- A good understanding of UX, wireframing and prototyping
- Ability to manage and work collaboratively with other team members
- Good presentational skills and client facing communications
- An active interest in emerging technologies
- The full project lifecycle, from brief and pitch to usability and build.
- Creating a range of cross-platform design work.
- Working collaboratively with clients and the rest of the Crowdform team to deliver digital output of the highest quality and to brief.
- Keeping up with emerging digital trends and culture, and engaging with the wider digital creative community.
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas to clients.
- Be part of an amazing small team in the heart of Shoreditch.
- Work on genuinely exciting projects. Some recent project areas: blockchain, pharmaceuticals in Europe, livestreaming in Abu Dhabi, yoga, fintech, machine-learning applied to education, coconuts, baking.
- Flexible working style, from the office or home depending on project requirements.
- Grow with us. We are a small team and want you to be part of shaping our processes and growth - if you have a good idea anything goes.
- In house projects are encouraged. We’ve had a few ourselves, so if you have something you want to build, let's do it together.
How to ApplyApplications to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application Digital Designer" as your subject line, a CV, portfolio and a little bit about yourself.
Please note we're only accepting offers for people eligible to live and work in the UK. Strictly no recruiters.