Posted on 7 September 2017
Graphics and Bid Assistant at Gillespies LLPGillespies is an award-winning landscape architecture and urban design firm based in London. We have an opening for a Graphics and Bid Assistant to assist our creative team in London. The successful candidate will be a highly personable and ambitious self-starter who possesses a good eye for composition, effective time management skills, and enjoys working both independently and as part of a team. Gillespies has studios across the UK, with a diverse range of high-profile projects.
The Graphics and Bid Assistant will be responsible for assisting and supporting the PR and Marketing Manager and one other graphic designer in preparing and delivering project proposals and marketing activities that promote the business development of the company. We are keen to hear from candidates who looking to develop a challenging career in a creative environment, who have achieved a BA in Graphics design or a similar environment. Successful candidates will have proficiency in Adobe software and the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
- To coordinate, produce and manage tender submissions, ensuring that responses to opportunities are delivered to the highest possible standard; meeting the client’s requirements.
- To assemble client presentations for new business
- To maintain OpenAsset, the practice’s image library
- To assist the team in updating and producing CVs, brochures and project sheets
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in various administrative tasks
- Graphic design degree and/or suitable experience in delivering bid submissions within a creative environment
- Advanced Adobe InDesign is required. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Good eye for composition (desk top publishing)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software is essential
- A good understanding of preparing documents for print and publishing
- An understanding of CMS systems (e-marketing) and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Experience of using OpenAsset / image management software would be advantageous, but is not a requirement.
- Deadlines – works well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Interpersonal skills - Excellent written communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Writing/Editing skills – good command of the English language
- Organisation - high degree of planning and organising skills. Ability to prioritise workloads based on deadlines and urgency
- Attention to detail - Meticulous attention to detail and a good eye for graphic presentation
- Flexibility – some evening or weekend work will be required on tight bid deadlines and occasional travel to Gillespies’ UK offices.
- Multi-tasking – The ability to work on multiple bids simultaneously
- Confident – ability to liaise with senior management and external client teams
- Knowledge – provide assistance/training to technical staff on Adobe and MS software
Gillespies offers a salary commensurate with experience and a great staff benefits package.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to London.email@example.com (max 10mb).
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants. Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies, please.