Posted on 7 September 2017
Digital Design Lead at WundermanWunderman is Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. A leading global digital agency, part of WPP, Wunderman combines creativity and data into work that inspires people to take action and delivers results for brands.
We love work that works for individuals. We use creative, data and technology to connect with them in a way that’s more culturally attuned, inspiring and effective.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Our team of 250 in the UK contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand in hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants.
Our Agency offering is focused on three areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to reach individuals in a relevant way:
Data, Analytics & Insights
Creative, Communications & Experiences
Technology –Enabled Marketing
Design Leads are integral to our process here at Wunderman and are deeply committed in making sure the work we produce is usable, intuitive, intelligent and enjoyable. Their responsibility is to own the visual direction for a selection of accounts, manage project teams and work with the wider team to bring their vision to life.
We strongly believe in a collaborative environment, and we’re looking for a strong visual designer advocate. This role is very visible, so articulation of complex design principles and conceptual ideas is vitally important, both to internal stakeholders and with clients.
This is a hands-on role: setting the visual direction, creating brand frameworks, designing, working with development on quick prototypes, running workshops and anything else required to bring the brand to life. You will also be asked to work with and mentor Junior Designers, participate in speaking engagements, and be involved in our creative initiatives as a creative leader.
Role and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years or more experience in creating robust brands across integrated channels in an agency or client-side
- Solid knowledge of design processes and methodologies, best practice digital principles and innovations, and the role of user research, strategic insights, and business value in creating a brand
- Ability to multi-task, at times managing multiple project teams, and stay organised to meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects.
- Be able to scope projects, work with our Creative Services Manager to arrange resource, communicate with Project Managers/Producers about requirements, budget, resource and presentations
- Drive and motivation to achieve excellence in themselves and others, whilst balancing the practicalities of agency life.
- Ability to construct a presentation story to sell their vision, and articulate it simply for internal stakeholders or clients
- A belief in risk-taking design, always pushing beyond the expected solution, and making something you would love to use.
- A passion and desire to produce the best experience for a user no matter the channel or device, and a commitment to ensure it’s achieved throughout the project life cycle.
- OSX literate
- Skilled in Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision/Marvel (or similar), PowerPoint and Keynote
- Aptitude using AfterEffects, Keynote animations, Proto or similar to create micro-interactions
- Editorial or print design experience beneficial
- Branding agency experience beneficial
- Aware of, but not the implementation of, development techniques (e.g. jQuery, HTML5, CSS etc) in order to achieve their creative vision