Posted on 11 September 2017
Graphic Designer at Art NightWe have an opportunity for someone to join our young and dynamic team and work with us on Art Night’s next edition. You will work alongside our Head Graphic Designer and the rest of the team to create and deliver an exciting, playful, powerful visual communication campaign for Art Night 2018. Your work will involve generating innovative concepts to design excellent branded materials and visuals.
Art Night is a free contemporary arts festival that transforms London for one summer night. Each year, a leading cultural institution and curator are invited to work in a different area of London, exploring its history, culture and architecture. Art Night 2018 is happening in South London, early next July.
We’re looking for a creative designer capable of working in a new and innovative way. We welcome graduates, junior designers and those with 2-3 years of experience.
Your job will include:
- Creation of new visual identity and campaign concept for 2018 (research, concept, art direction, colour palette, design direction, logo lock-up and partners)
- Design of Art Night 2018 website including new home page. This will involve rethinking architecture and navigation (this doesn’t include programming)
- You will be designing a variety of printed materials such as the visitors’ guide brochure, posters, billboards, flyers, adverts but also tote bags, t-shirts.
- You will also be working on generating web campaigns, including social media visuals, avatars, gifs, etc.
- You will be involved in the design of signage and wayfinding: creating signage as well as information boards for each venue, totems, flags, banners, outside graphic /info point
- BA in Art, Design or equivalent
- Good spoken and written English
- Able to work collaboratively under tight deadlines with many different partners and stakeholders
- Can take creative lead and follow design directives
- A high-level knowledge of the CS suite (Creative Cloud) Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is essential.
- Sensitivity to images and attention to detail
- General sense of assets management Google Suite, MS Office, etc
- Sharp visual knowledge and an appetite for experimentation
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Flexible, highly driven, self-motivated and punctual
- Ability to work with suppliers
- Skills in bookbinding, knowledge of printing and production processes a plus
- Strong typographic skills, typesetting abilities
- 2 years experience as a professional graphic designer (experience in a London-based design studio beneficial)
- Knowledge of programming for web and digital platforms: HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Interest in Contemporary Art, Architecture, Design
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit a CV and portfolio of work with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working at Art Night, and what you would bring to this role.
Commencing: November 2017