Posted on 11 September 2017
Midd-weight Graphic Designer at Fluid & SoundingsSoundings is a field leader in public consultation and engagement on major regeneration, development, placemaking and research based projects in London. Soundings is the sister company of Fluid: Architecture Urbanism Participation. We believe that better places are created through participation and we aim to be open, inclusive and collaborative in everything we do. We are continually seeking ways to improve engagement and are actively pursuing digital and social media means to maximise involvement. We aim in all our work to make a difference and deliver positive outcomes for all participants.
Our graphics team play an increasingly important role in development of all assets developing project/place identity, innovative engagement tools, all communications materials, reports and data info graphics as well as website content. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic graphic designer to work with our creative director and graphics/project teams and to contribute to the production of new interactive toils as we expand.
Around two years' experience will be essential and the successful applicant will have a strong portfolio demonstrating creative skills across branding identity, typography, and visual communications. Experience in website design and coding are preferable or a strong interest in learning these skills. For examples of Soundings work and to give you an idea of our area of expertise – visit the following websites: www.brentcrosssouth.co.uk , www.fluidoffice.com , www.shapingwalthamforest.co.uk
Graphic Design Tasks:
- Design of communication material, this includes designing consultation tools, research reports, newsletters, posters, leaflets and exhibition boards.
- Information visualisation – analysing and visualising comments and research material collected during the consultation process.
- Website design - preferable, -good knowledge of CSS and Wordpress.
- ideally two years' experience and a graphic design degree/equivalent
- strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- a range of print and digital projects
- an understanding of the print production process
- ability to follow brand guidelines, understand corporate brand standards
- excellent organisation and time management skills
- ability to work to tight deadlines and be a team player
- ability to offer ideas and input towards the creative process
- close attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and quality of presentation
- proficiency in English language
Desired additional skills:
- good knowledge of design for HTML, CSS, Wordpress and responsive design
- ability to create/edit Wordpress themes considering the web design template provided by the design team, including wireframes, graphic content, site navigation and content layout, in accordance with the corporate web design framework
- have an interest in placemaking, architecture and community participation
- website development and construction technical skills
The successful candidate will be
- proactive and take initiative to add creativity to consultation projects/events
- energetic and friendly, willing to engage with people
- efficient, able to complete tasks on time
- able to react positively to last minute changes and other people’s views
- a team player – projects often involve working as part of a larger team that consist of architects, the council/developer and various other practitioners related to a development/regeneration project
- flexible with time – on select occasions be willing to work over weekends or after hours
Salary and other details:
- £26,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience and ability
- six-month probation period, permanent post on offer on satisfactory completion
- company benefits
- 20-25 days annual holiday including three days at Christmas, plus public holidays
- able to start immediately/after notice period
How to ApplyTo apply, please send CV and cover letter/portfolio to Kallista Omotosho at email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews with directors.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please no agencies!