Posted on 11 September 2017
Studio Assistant at United Visual ArtistsWe have an immediate opening for a proactive and organised Studio assistant to join us on a full-time basis for a 3 months internship working from our office in Borough.
The successful candidate will join the company at an exciting time as United Visual Artists further establish their reputation in the contemporary art world and develop its body of work ahead of a number of museum exhibitions.
The focus of United Visual Artists has pivoted to creating solely self-initiated small-scale gallery artworks and large-scale, sculptural works and public art installations.
All commercial and collaborative works will be delivered under the new division, ‘Another Space’, whilst being run by the same creative team and cohabiting the same studio. Another Space undertakes spatial and installation design projects and is commissioned by consumer brands and selected performance artists.
The internship will involve supporting the Office Manager with the day to day running of the studio as well as assisting the Production Team with general administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative skills and a good common sense. Digital Media background would be advantageous.
Your duties will include:
- General reception duties, Inc. taking incoming calls, welcoming all visitors on arrival and offering guests refreshments.
- Supporting the team with day-to day administrative responsibilities such as handling incoming correspondence, archiving documents, record-keeping and help with organising meetings.
- Keeping studio presentable and maintaining a happy and safe working environment, Inc. general maintenance, liaising with cleaners if necessaries and ordering new office supplies when running low.
- Arranging and receiving couriers and deliveries.
- Assisting with the organisation of travel, visas, and accommodation.
- General production assistance to the producers which includes hiring equipment, creating call sheets and updating internal cost sheets.
- Inputting new and updating existing client / supplier / customer details in our CRM system.
- Social Media updates / check incoming inquiries, follow up with relevant person.
- Research on customer and vertical markets and pricing.
How to ApplyWe're hoping to hear from people keen to develop their skills within a close-knit, supportive team. This position is a paid internship at £300 per week.
Please send CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org