Posted on 12 September 2017
Head of Design at DAREDare has been working with leading law firm Clyde & Co to help transform its brand marketing and comms through a period of rapid growth and category change.
We are looking for a creative leader to help drive the brands creative ambitions through our on-site team.
Working alongside business and operational leads, this Conceptual Designer will bring creativity and imagination to the brand direction and output, partnership to our clients and leadership to a global team of designers. These design solutions will develop an identity that is both breakthrough and compelling and aligned to the client’s key marketing and communication objectives.
Through leadership of the design team and some hands on delivery the Conceptual Designer takes design projects from brief to completion, providing new ideas and creativity managing the art direction, design and production of projects. You will work closely with the client’s brand guidelines evolving these and be aware of their exacting standards whilst positively influencing clients with creative input in addition to undertaking and pitching new creative concepts and innovative digital solutions to win new business and generate income.
This role requires development of visual design creative projects, ensuring consistency with the overall brand and marketing strategy and that the clients marketing strategies represent best-in-class execution. This will be done through evaluating and monitoring industry trends and brands, research industry developments in branding and marketing and delivery.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsibility for the full design lifecycle from concept to execution
- Working closely with clients during kick-off to create strong concepts from the initial briefing
- Producing beautiful and innovative designs that can work across multiple channels
- Leading creative on pitch, branding projects that include marketing and events collateral
- Develop a deep understanding of target audiences and the clients marketing strategy to deliver high quality results that have an instant, positive impact on the consumer, promoting the product or brand.
- To pitch creative solutions in response to marketing strategies.
- Providing leadership and direction to the global design team
- Overseeing and managing the preparation of all finished artwork files that will comply with the correct output specifications.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Creative flair
- Strong art direction and concepting skills
- A highly creative designer with the ability to take and positively influence client briefs with your own innovative ideas
- Strong client liaison, with a proven track record of developing strong client relationships
- Demonstrates a consistent record of taking, interpreting and delivering design projects within agreed timeframes
- Highly effective at organising and prioritising workloads to manage client delivery whilst simultaneously influencing clients with own ideas and conceptual creativity
- Excellent Adobe CS skills (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Ability to take ownership of projects from concept through to completion
- Ability to take, interpret and deliver design projects within agreed deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent understanding of the printing process and the accurate presentation of final artwork for production.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent experience working closely with clients during kick-off
- A knowledge of design for digital, print and web.
- Specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design and layout.
- Demonstrates a basic to medium knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Linked In, You Tube and Twitter.
- The aptitude to learn new software and programmes efficiently and effectively.
- A strong understanding of design principles and an awareness of UX, UI and Responsive Design trends
- Some copywriting experience