Posted on 13 September 2017
Freelance Junior Motion/Graphic Designer at Starling BankStarling is a bank – but not as you know it. We’re building a bank that will change banking, and it’s our mission to give customers the opportunity to feel more in control of their everyday money and financial health, so they can enjoy the things that matter most. In 2016 we announced our latest funding round of US$70m and were approved as a bank by the regulator – and one year later we became the first mobile-only current account in the UK.
To support our growth, we’re looking for a freelance junior motion/graphic designer to join our social and content team, initially on a one-month contract.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the concepting phase of briefs for social, website and paid advertising
- Deliver engaging motion design and animation projects for said briefs
- Assist our art directors and copywriter with storyboarding where needed
- Work on a fast-paced team where you may need to work on a number of projects at once
Skills and experience you’ll need:
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe Suite, especially After Effects. Experience with Final Cut Pro X is also advantageous
- A good understanding of the full process from concept/creative to delivery
- A thirst for knowledge; keeping up to date with social/content trends and techniques
- A strong eye for composition, colour, typography, movement and depth
- Good timekeeping skills. We’re a startup so it’s a fast paced, and you’ll need to meet deadlines and demonstrate a level of flexibility to ensure work is completed on time.
- Able to communicate well; if something goes wrong, speak up!
- Collaborative team player and able to take feedback on board
- At least 1 year experience in motion/animation field