Posted on 20 September 2017
Motion Graphics Art Director at Pitch Marketing GroupPitch Marketing Group is a creative marketing agency with three divisions: Partnerships, PR and Productions; offering expertise across sponsorship, communications, digital, social, design and content production. Independently owned, our award-winning agency based in Soho’s current client list include Beats, BT, Channel 4, Chelsea FC, Premier League, Tag Heuer, Red Bull, and Yahoo.
We are currently recruiting a talented and passionate Motion Art Director to join our agency where you will have the opportunity to create vibrant, innovative and visually exciting experiences for famous brands across all of our clientele. Your role will combine creative inspiration and compelling art work and animated visual narratives, collaborating within a dynamic production division of a marketing agency.
- Your primary focus will be to develop compelling visual stories, coupled with supporting our own marketing requirements. You will also work closely with our PR and partnership accounts teams to bring ideas to life to help drive new business.
- You will be responsible for managing your own workload, working with the HOP and Team Heads to deliver client work in a timely and professional manner.
- You will be responsible for creating original concepts for both existing accounts and pitches, working to deliver projects from brief to execution.
The role will comprise of a number of areas of responsibilities such as:
Concept and Visual Preparation:
- Design and create appropriate concepts, either working alone or with the wider agency.
- On approval of a concept by the HOP/wider agency/client, take the job to an appropriate level of completion for each consecutive stage.
- Take responsibility for overseeing the quality control of amends in light of clients’ comments.
- Assist account management in establishing and maintaining lasting and supportive senior level relationships with clients.
- Produce and oversee the production of print materials to help client teams market their success back to clients.
- Present design work to clients, HOP, wider agency or partner agencies for review and feedback.
- Ensure that all parties are adhering to brand guidelines.
- Analyze marketing challenges and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Manage and lead junior team members.
- Liaise with HOP, designers, wider agency & clients to produce digital or motion visuals as required.
- Support the wider agency by bringing big ideas to life through ideation and creation of high quality presentations for new business.
- Create unique and compelling video/animation solutions by integrating marketing objectives, target audience, creative assets and strong visual designs.
- Liaise with outsourced resources as and when required.
- Support the production team as and when required with Post-Production editing overspill.
- Oversee the pricing of projects and quotes to clinet teams and potential new clinets, working with the HOP or wider agency.
- Attend weekly meetings and play an active role in the absence of the HOP.
- Support marketing and the agency with design and execution of marketing collateral and materials.
- Oversee and direct photography/video shoots as and when required.
- Attend briefing sessions and discuss the purpose of the brief with the appropriate members of the account team.
- Identify when any additional information is needed and proactively ensure this is provided by the account team.
Skills/ Qualifications Needed:
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong art direction, visual design skills and motion is a requirement for application
- Excellent working knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4D, Final Cut, Premier, Flash, Photoshop and the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive experience in motion graphics
- Experience in Art Direction & design for print.
- Experience in copyrighting.
- Bachelor degree in design or equivalent professional experience is desired.
- Prior experience in an agency or media environment is a must.
- The successful candidate needs to demonstrate proven skill-sets within their field and should have prior experience of leading and guiding junior teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is a client-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
- Initiative- Keep abreast of both competitor creative work and market developments in areas of interest to client accounts.
- Time Management- Manage own time and output in line with deadline and budgetary requirements of the job.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Multi-tasking- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility- Willingness to react quickly to the changing demands of the business