Posted on 2 October 2017
Personal Assistant at PortasPortas are a brand consultancy and creative agency that has spent the last 20 years building best-selling retail and lifestyle brands in the UK and across the world.
We have a very simple philosophy. Deliver works that’s clever, creative and commercial. Our background in retail means we understand ever changing trends, how and why people buy as well as the all-important bottom line.
We use that knowledge to create the brands, experiences and communications that will make any business a destination.
We are looking for a switched on Personal Assistant to provide administrative support in a well- organised and timely manner. The successful candidate will work directly with the Managing Director on a variety of tasks related to our business strategy and agency culture. This role requires someone who thrives on effectiveness and efficiency but also has a sense of humour!
- The Personal Assistant role exists to help our Managing Director organise and execute the business strategy by managing internal and external communications and administrative tasks.
- The measure of success for this position will be effectively assisting the Managing Director to make the best use of her time. The PA will need to be confident taking on a range of tasks to help prepare for meetings, prioritise incoming requests and push back, managing expectations with people at all levels where necessary.
- As an Executive/ Personal Assistant with a preferred 1 - 2 year's experience your organisational skills will be well honed. Your meticulous attention to detail and acute talent for time management will ensure you help streamline priorities for the MD. You are a people person and understand how best to partner with different teams and individuals to deliver against objectives.
- You thrive in busy environments and in quiet times will use your initiative to assess where you can continue to add value without being prompted.
- Manage a complex and ever changing diary for the MD and arrange her daily schedule (set up meetings, travel, meeting prep etc).
- Format information for internal and external communication - memos, emails, presentations, reports.
- Screen and direct phone calls, emails and meeting requests.
- Devise and maintain office filing system.
- Project manage actions and tasks that relate directly to the overall business strategy.
- Highlight any diary conflicts (especially at board level) way in advance. Pro-actively look at all upcoming meetings and ensure all relevant preparation is complete and approved by the MD in advance, in particular for Board Meetings and company updates.
- Arrange and prepare internal and external meetings and take and distribute minutes.
- Protect the MD's time, helping to delegate tasks so she has the time to deliver the best of her remit.
- 1-2 years proven working experience as a Executive Assistant/ Personal Assistant or Receptionist with PA duties.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, in particular Outlook and PowerPoint and English proficiency.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Acquainted with office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload.
- Experience working in a creative agency is a plus but not absolutely necessary.
- Must have the ability to say "No" when necessary and the emotional intelligence to deliver a "No"in the right way
- Interest free season ticket or personal loans
- Summer hours – 4pm leave on Fridays during summer months (Jun to Aug)
- Training – external and regular internal inspiration sessions / speakers
- Ride 2 work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit
- Free beer/wine fridge
- Various socials & parties throughout the year
- Free museum passes – Tate, Southbank, Design Museum, Barbican
- Free monthly tickets to events
- A recruitment bonus if you successfully put someone forward for a role at the agency
We also have free HIIT and yoga classes at the studio and initiatives for the team to continue to be inspired. Industry “field trips” and our internal knowledge sharing space “School of Portas” are also a part of our expanding offering. If this sounds like the next step in your career, please do not hesitate to apply.