Posted on 2 October 2017
UX Designer at Simba SleepAt Simba, we do things differently, and we're here to turn the mattress world around.
We're on a mission to create the best night's sleep for everyone. We want to deliver on a promise to offer unparalleled simplicity and customer experience. Do you think you can help us on this mission?
Our story started with a single piece of thread and has grown exponentially since then. As our digital team and fierce growth plans show no sign of slowing we are looking for a UX Designer to join our digital hub in Victoria. As part of the Design team, we want to ensure our branding is consistent across all touchpoints and we need someone to build seamless solutions.
You will be a creative thinker who can envision how customers experience our site – and then bring that vision to life across all of our digital platforms. You’ll use a mix of research, personas, flows, user stories, sketching, wire-framing, prototypes etc. Anything to define and test our assumptions.
You will be a UX master, with a clear understanding of how to work and communicate with our Design and eCommerce teams on our website.
Working harmoniously alongside our in-house Design, Marketing, eCommerce and Content teams – you’ll help make the Simba site an incredible, high-converting, retail dream!
You will be:
- Always thinking; who are our users and what do they want?
- Someone driven by customer journey, A/B testing, conversion improvements and best practice
- Proactive, smart and hungry for knowledge. You will not rest until everything is as optimised as possible.
- Comfortable bridging the gap between our designers, marketing and tech teams to deliver the best experience
- Obsessed with conversion. A self-motivated, self-starter with a true passion for UX and its commercial impact
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Proactive, friendly, creative, smart, positive and full of energy. A smart risk taker who champions new ideas
- Understand the customer using any and all qualitative and quantitative methods necessary (surveys, interviews, heat-maps, recordings, data insights etc)
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications. Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs
- Communicate with designers and developers to ensure a consistent on brand experience.
- Ideally you would have 2-4 years UX experience in a similar role but you should also have extensive experience in UX design/best practices, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A background in or familiarity with cognitive/behavioural psychology is a huge plus
- Conversion expert
- Software skills – Sketch, Marvel, InVision, Framer.js, Hotjar etc
- Strong portfolio in layout design, specifically in eCommefrce
- Experience in usability and accessibility
- Knowledge of front-end coding (HTML, CSS, JS, ReactJS) is a plus
- Passion for all things UX, technology and design, along with demonstrable knowledge in industry’s latest UI and UX trends
Salary: Competitive for the right person. Dependent on experience. Full time, based in our Victoria office, contract possible.
Benefits & Perks:
- Your own MacBook Pro for work
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Perkbox membership (providing discounts on restaurants, retail, travel and more)
- Fully stocked fridges: assorted breakfast material, fruit, snacks, beef jerky, hummus, smoothies, wine and our own craft beer tap - you name it.
- Table tennis and table football in the office
- Vending machines with no coins required - take what you want jobsboard/images/smileys/smile.gif" width="19" height="19" alt="smile" style="border:0;" />
- Friendly office dog